Eight : Demanding

Roman didn't know what came over him , he just had to tell her how much he loves her . He entered his house throwing the keys on the couch before sitting on it .

He didn't know that everything will go wrong just like that , he knew that he lost her the moment he left her door , but what would he do ? Deep inside him , he knew that this way she will be safe .

He just hopes that she live happily in her new life , and nothing will harm her .

*****************

As she followed him down the sidewalk, Lily looked the stranger over.

He was very handsome. He was about 6'1", well muscled, and looked to be in his early thirties. His hair was dark brown and slightly messy, but in a sexy way. He had sharp features and a strong angular jaw covered in dark stubble. 

His eyes were dark green and shone with intelligence. He strode forward with confidence, keeping one hand on the small of her back, almost possessively. 

She was glad for her long legs or she may not have been able to keep up with him.

His apartment was only about ten minutes away from where they had been. The building they arrived at seemed fairly new and modern, it was elegant, with black marble floors and chandeliers in the lobby. 

He steered her into the elevator, nodding to the man at the head desk as they passed by.

Much to Lily's surprise, he pushed the button for the Penthouse on the 60th floor. 

They rode the elevator in silence, occasionally he would glance down at her, looking her over. 

His hand never left her back.

A few seconds later the elevator dinged and came to a halt. He entered a code into a small keypad under the elevator buttons. The small red light on the pad turned green and there was another ding as the doors opened up into a huge apartment.

He allowed her to get out first. She stepped out onto the soft white carpet and glanced around the room in awe. It was amazing. 

The elevator doors closed behind them and without a word he wandered off down the short set of stairs in front of them and around the corner. 

Unsure if she was supposed to follow him, she stood unmoving and surveyed the room; The floor at the bottom of the stairs was dark oak hardwood and polished, there was a small wooden table in the center of the foyer with a small bouquet of dark red roses in the middle.

The walls were light brown, and there were beautiful black and white photos of cities around the world spread out all along them.

She could see part of a large window in the room straight ahead, and part of a black leather couch. 

Her curiosity got the better of her and she wandered into the next room.

Huge was too small a word for this apartment, this was a mansion. 

The wall straight ahead of her was made completely of floor to ceiling windows, with a breath-taking view of the city.