Chapter One

--- Kat’s POV---

It’s been a while since Christmas and the party; and Ra’s. To be exact it’s been almost two months. It’s a couple days from Mardi Gras; the day of John and Luna’s wedding! Well, I’m not that crazy. I convinced Luna to schedule it for the day before so that they could enjoy the parades. We’re going to New Orleans and I can already smell the boiled crawfish and beignets.

“You’re day dreaming again.” Edward chuckled as I opened my eyes to grin at him. I was standing in his doorway, wearing a black Scooby-Doo shirt and a pair of white skinny jeans. He was packing for the trip; it was only a week… maybe two… I can’t remember. “Katrina…” He trailed, giving me an amused look. “Can you focus or are you incapable of that small task?”

“Hey,” I frowned at him. “I am perfectly capable of focusing.” I muttered. “But I’m focusing on the taste of freshly peeled crawfish.” I closed my eyes and my imagination took over again. “I hope you don’t mind getting your hands dirty, because if I have to peel your crawfish, I’m eating them.” I winked as I walked out the room and walked over to mine, my bare feet cool from the stone floor.

“For such a sweet girl, you are horrible to animals.” He called after me and I laughed.

“I’m nice to live animals!” I defended. “But dead, tasty, seasoned, delicious crustaceans better run from me.” I walked into my room and saw my wall move, revealing my smirking and red headed friend.

“If it’s dead, how will it run from you?” He chuckled.

“It won’t.” I sang happily. “That’s why I can’t wait to go back home.” I spun around and looked at the five bags I had already filled with clothes. “I think I might have over packed.” I laughed and walked in, unpacking two of them. I hadn’t really paid any attention to what I’d been doing for the past three days. There are these random times when I can’t remember what I’ve been doing and so I tend to repeat the action. The only way I even know that much is because Edward will mention it sometimes. I started to think about what could be triggering it when he walked in.

“Katrina?” he frowned at me. “You need to keep at least one bag packed. You will need clothes on the vacation.” I looked down and saw that every single bag was unpacked; my clothes folded neatly on the side of them. I groaned and started packing one, focusing on everything I put inside it; one pair of black converse, two funny cut offs, and a pair of spiky heels that Jervis gave me. Jervis, I wonder if he got his invitation to the wedding… I looked down and saw that I finished the bag, five pairs of jeans sitting on top of everything.

“I don’t remember putting those in.” I muttered to myself, frowning.

“Are you okay?” Edward was next to me, feeling my forehead and neck. “No fever.”

“Of course not.” I rolled my eyes, smiling up at him as I moved his hand away from my neck. “I’m perfectly fine.”

“Okay.” I eyed me carefully before walking out. “We leave in five. Make sure you’ve got enough Sprites. I don’t want to see you going through the lovely couple’s bags looking for toxin.”

“I told them not to bring any.” I frowned and he quickly left. “Edward!” I yelled, following him to the kitchen. He turned around and his face looked like that of a shameful child. “They’re not bringing toxin are they?”

“Well no.” He said firmly. “They just… shipped it there.” He spoke slowly and cautiously, watching for my reaction. I just glared and picked up my phone, dialing Christian’s number.

“Katrina!” He nearly yelled. “When are you getting here?”

“Soon.” I smiled. Christian was the guy I grew up with in New Orleans; before my parents were killed by Hush and I was brought here. “I have a question for you.” Christian knew about the villains here in Gotham, so he wouldn’t be surprised.