Chapter 36

Warnings: None

~3rd P.O.V.~

     "Ah Jerome! I've missed your face around here. You've been busy haven't you?"

     Sky immediately calls out as Jerome steps into the throne room, having left his horse outside in the courtyard. The room is decorated with dozens of golden blocks, Quartz and spruce wood adding a nice touch. Sky's face immediately drops when he sees the others being to file in; first Mitch, then Lachlan, Vikk, Rob, and Preston.

     "Ah yes, and your must be Prince Mitch? Oh sorry, King now, isn't it?" Sky corrects himself, black sunglasses gleaming as he tilts his head. "You must be Lachlan, I hear you took over the Dimensional kingdom... And you're the famous assassin Vikk, now in control of the Hidden kingdom."

     They don't respond.

     "Hm, can't say I've heard of you..." He continues as Rob steps into the room. "No doubt you'll be heading to conquer your own kingdom though..." And then Preston enters, and Sky instantly perks up. "My Notch, is that Preston? I thought you would've been dead by now! This just keeps getting better doesn't it?"

     The six now stand directly in front of Sky, who has at this point stood up, now carrying himself tall in front of the throne. Lachlan eyes him with both curiosity and suspicion. He seemed so casually as he made comments on all of them, but there's something evil to the words, and the kindness is obviously fake. Another thing, is that Sky looks like a regular  human being, with nothing to distinguish him as a mutant or hybrid. So why, of all people, is he ruling the Mutant kingdom?

     Jerome opens his mouth to speak, but Sky cuts him off, "Save your breath, Jerome. I know why you're here. So I'll cut to the chase, the challenge will be spleef. Three versus three, fighting is aloud but nothing to fatally injure someone, and you can use anything to knock out the snow. The only thing is you have to be one of the three competitors for your team, as do I. I'll let you pick first." Sky offers, flashing what seems to be a genuine smile. Seems.
     "Thanks..." Jerome mumbles, turning to face everyone else.

     Jerome motions them to gather in a cluster, and they stick their heads together, to discuss their plan.

     "Mate what is up with your ruler? He's creepy!" Lachlan whisper shouts, shivering.
     "And he's not even a hybrid!" Mitch pitches in.
      "No... He's a hybrid. You just can't tell by looking at him, because in order to see it he has to be in another form." Jerome mutters, casting a wary glance over his shoulder at Sky.
      "He is?" Rob asks, surprised, "What hyrbid is he?"
      Preston glances at the ground, just like Jerome, he knows Sky's secret. "Have you guys ever heard of... Herobrine?"
     Vikk stares at him. "Everyone knows about him. But he's been gone for a long time, why do you ask?"
     "Because Sky... How do I put this..." Jerome mumbles. "That's Skybrine." He states bluntly. "A fusion between the two. The most powerful of the hybrids and mutants, which is why he's ruler."

     Vikk, Lachlan, Mitch, and Rob stare at him in silent shock.

     "You're kidding." Lachlan whispers.
     "He's not." Preston assures.
     "And we're competing against him?!" Rob whisper yells, eyes wide.
     "I'm afraid so." Jerome sighs. "And I bet his partners are going to be Jason and Ty, otherwise known as TrueMU and Deadlox. They're the other two most powerful hybrids; Jason is half wither, and has two other forms. One looks like him but with aspects of the Wither, the second looks closer to the wither itself. He's called WitherMU in those forms. Ty is half Enderdragon. He's called Enderlox."
      "This is going to be tough..." Mitch mumbles. "I've heard of them, but I never imagined I'd actually be facing them."
      "If your going to be competing." Preston reminds him. "We need to choose. Jerome?"

     Jerome glances at his friends. First he turns to Mitch. Mitch is really good with using a bow, which might come in handy. We're not going to be able to get close to them easily, since Ty and Jason can fly. Long range weapons will be good to knock them from the sky, and he's good at hand to hand combat too, if it comes to that. So my first partner will be Mitch. Preston is out of the picture, because he could get seriously hurt touching snow, and if he falls down into the water, he'll die. Rob is pretty decent, but he's trained in using potions, not more so fighting. Which leaves Vikk and Lachlan... Jerome turns to them. Lachlan is good with all kinds of weapons, but no offence to him, he couldn't his the side of a barn with a bow. Which isn't good, because he won't be able to just rush in and engage them easily. Vikk on the other hand is fast and nimble, and won't fall into holes easily. He's also good with his throwing stars, which can help us get Ty and Jason down from the sky. So Vikk will be my second choice.

     All these thoughts go through Jerome's mind in a matter of seconds. He stands up, and turns to face Sky once again, who has been patiently waiting the whole time with a sly smirk on his face.

     "My partners will be Mitch and Vikk." Jerome announces.
      "Very well. And, as I can see you've guessed, I'll be competing with Ty and Jason."

     At the mention of their names, two guys who look to be Sky's age step out from behind the throne. Had they been waiting there the entire time? Ty is the shortest of the three, standing around Vikk's height. He has grey pants, black shoes with a purple tongue, a white V-Neck T-Shirt with the neckline, armholes, and edge lines in black. His eyes are hazel like his hair, a fringe moving down to sweep over his right eyes. As for accessories, two purple bracelets sit on either wrist, and a black headset with green glowing centres sit on his head, a mouthpiece curving around to in front of his mouth. Jason is a little bit shorter than Sky, but taller than Ty. He wears a vibrant blue spacesuit, the glass obscuring his face dyed orange. A shiny metal jetpack sits on his back, and a little bat flitters around him.

   "With that all settled, let us proceed to the arena."

~~~
Question of the chapter:

Who expected Skybrine (and possible Enderlox and WitherMU) when I mentioned Sky as the ruler last chapter?

My answer: I'm asking you XD