Chapter 2

-

-

-

Slipping off of my dark clothing, I threw it into the back of my car and fixed on a pair of heels and applied dark red lipstick as my eyes zeroed in on Marcus. Walking in through the oak doors, the little bell chimed letting people know there was a new customer.

My red pumps smacked against the marble ground and several heads looked my way. A few guys stared at me with wide eyes, while others smirked and sent me winks.

Ignoring their stares, my eyes didn't leave Marcus, as I strode up towards him, his green eyes glued to his smart phones screen.

Walking past him I suddenly stopped and turned around to face him, putting on a look of surprise on my face.

"Marcus Williams?" I said tilting my head and his head shot up and his eyes grew slightly wide as he took me in.

"Do I know you?" He asked looking at me from head to toe, as he slipped off his shades and bit the end of them looking at me with a grin.

"No, but I know you," I said with a smirk and he quickly stood up, pulling out a chair for me.

"Please. Take a seat," He said also smirking and I sat down in the chair he pulled out. He placed himself back down on his seat and looked at me expectantly.

"I just moved into town. My old company suggested I look for new business with the best companies," I said leaning forward and he raised an eyebrow.

"Best companies like my own?" He said leaning forward and a flirty smile suppressed his features.

"Ofcourse," I said with a grin, "-I noticed you right away."

Marcus grinned in delight and leaned back. My stomach did a little twirl and I forced the nervous feeling away. I wasn't letting his pride wreck my plan. Never.

"So you'd like me to help you out?" He said with an eyebrow raised, "-I don't just help out strangers."

"That's fine. I could try and find someone else that could maybe give me an interview," I said and paused, shrugging my shoulders, "-I just heard you were the best."

"And indeed I am," He said loosening his tie.

After a moment, he leaned forward looking interested.

"Your name?" He said his smirk never wavering as he looked at me, his eyes bringing back so many memories.

"Victoria. Victoria Strikings," I said the very phase I repeated many times before. It was my new name and I had to remember that.

"Striking indeed," Marcus said with a side grin, slipping on his shades as he stood up.

"Tell you what," he said with a pause slipping out a little card, "-you found me at a great time. Call my office and ask for the address for tonight's event," He said handing it over and I took it, purposely brushing my hand against his.

"An event?" I said confused, "-for what exactly?" I asked also standing up as I stood facing him.

"We do it every few months. High business class people will be there. It's a chance for them to mingle and exchange business cards," he said his gaze trailing down.

"Oh? Aren't things like that invite only?" I said with a smirk and his grin widened.

"I like you already. I'll get you on the list. Be sure to find me," He said grabbing my hand. He brought it up to his lips and lightly brushed them over my knuckles.

"I sure will," I said with a little flirty smile. Marcus smirked and with one last look he left.

I watched him leave and once I saw his expensive looking car speed away I left the building and got into my car.

My hands immediately clutched onto the steering wheel and I squeezed them hard, making my fists go white.

I took in a sharp intake of breath as images of Marcus killing my parents went through my mind.

"Relax," I soothed myself, "-you're not Samantha. You're Victoria now," I said firmly looking into the review mirror at my reflection.

Seeing my now dyed hair and now mature face, I snapped back to my senses and slightly relaxed in my seat.

I was going to do fine. Tonight I'd go to the event, drink some fancy wine and make progress.

-

-

-

AUTHORS NOTE;

This chapter may be very short and not well written, however I published it to get an idea on whether I should continue on with it or dismiss it.

Depending on the votes and comments I'll see if I continue.

Much love.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

-E