Nine

so i messed up on the time frame i was planning on doing so instead of going back into the previous chapters and changing things i'm automatically making the children be two years old instead of newborns
- emma

. . .

It had been a few days since Hermione and Draco had welcomed their children into the world. The rest of the girls also already had their children, minus Luna who was currently in labor.

Everything had been going great so far with their children and it definitely helped that they didn't have to take care of newborns and still go to class. After the children had been birthed they magically became two year olds.

Hermione and Draco couldn't have asked for a better arrangement either. This was probably the most fun school project the both of them had ever done, although fun probably wasn't what the Ministry wanted them to feel.

"Mummy!" A two year old Scorpius called out from the playroom. "Come play with us!"

Since the Ministry had made it so we wouldn't have to take care of newborns, the children's room had been changed. It had been made into one bedroom and then two new rooms were created in the house, another bedroom and a playroom for the kids.

"Coming, sweetheart," Hermione called out, getting up from her spot on the sofa in the living room and walking over to where her son and daughter were playing.

After the kids had arrived, everyone's school schedule had changed so at least one parent could be with their children at all times. Draco and Hermione both had a smaller amount of classes this year though which allowed for the both of them to be together with the kids around lunch time and at the end of the day.

"Where's daddy?" Danielle asked as soon as Hermione had entered the playroom. She sat between the two children, picking up a crayon and started coloring with them.

"He's in class right now. He'll be back soon," Hermione responded. She got that question constantly from Danielle and Draco said that when she wasn't here he got the same from Scorpius.

It was clear to everyone after the constant repetition of those questions that Danielle was definitely a daddy's girl and Scorpius was definitely a mama's boy.

. . .

About an hour had passed and Draco had finally returned from his three morning classes. When he entered the house Draco was a bit surprised that he wasn't welcomed like normal, not one of the children had run up and greeted him. He put his bag downs and went off to find where they were.

He checked their rooms first and after seeing that neither child was there he checked the playroom. Not seeing anyone in there either he figured that Hermione had probably taken them outside to play somewhere.

Draco walked toward his and Hermione's shared room, ready to take a quick nap before she and the children got back. He opened the door and walked inside, surprised at how dark it was until he caught sight of Hermione laying in the middle of the bed, their two children on either side of her sleeping.

Draco smiled at the sight and carefully climbed in next his daughter, careful not to wake her or his son up. Once he was comfortable Draco closed his eyes, falling into a quick slumber beside the rest of his temporary family.