[36] plastic cutlery

highly recommend listening to the song above because i think it really fits with this chapter :))))))))
______________

IT'S DEFINITELY YOU | V & JIN
"this damn love, because of you. i can't move even if im hurt."

taehyung focus
as taehyung pedals casually into a nature park of some sort, he hums along to the recognisable lyrics blurting out from the radio whilst enjoying the sun's warm rays beating down on his bare arms.
he cycles down a dirt path, past large family picnics, several zitty teenagers flinging frisbees at each other like maniacs, little groups of kids squealing and running away from each other's spraying water pistols and young couples who lie on the grassy ground, beneath the shade of trees, holding hands secretively.

there's a soft breeze flying through his hair, ruffling the dark locks as he gets up off the seat and pedals standing up. his eyes are lidded, his posture relaxed –– the weather is way too nice to have a frown etched into your features, so taehyung smiles to himself as he cycles down the nature park, enjoying the hectic-ness of the park as he zips straight through it.

jiminie hyung and jungkook aren't dating.
the aforementioned thought slides into his mind again for the millionth time and taehyung, looking like an idiot, smiles harder each time, his cheeks tinting pink this time.

jheez, why're you getting all happy for? i bet you look real creepy — stop, taehyung scolds himself, overwhelmed with how freaking happy he is to know that his hyung and jungkook aren't together. but despite his commandeering thoughts, the smile doesn't drop from taehyung's face as he cycles harder — the pure joy inside of him propelling him to go further down the dirt path, riding over the small bumps in the ground with jungkook behind him on the carrier, groaning quietly at taehyung's sudden speed ("fucking hell, kim — are you trying to kill me?), taehyung laughing in response.

whilst he's laughing, not once does it dawn on him that one, he's crushing over a fucking murdering kidnapping criminal –– no matter how many times jungkook acts tsundere-ingly nice (e.g. offering taehyung to sleep on the bed and letting him have second helpings of food and calming him down after a panic attack), he'll still remain a wanted criminal.
two, whilst swimming in soft clouds of happiness — too bubbly to think, taehyung never realises the fact that jungkook and him are impossible; that even if they do fall in love with each other, they won't be able to be together. jungkook's a wanted criminal, constantly on the run from the police and hurting and threatening people in his wake. and taehyung's a soon-to-be-ceo, the precious son of influential ceo, kim daesuk — no way would the media let him, a celebrity, live with a fucking criminal without firing stupid headlines and preposterous explanations at him, his family and kim enterprises.
and three, he somehow incredibly — again, his mind is practically wrapped in cotton candy — forgets about the dead thug. no thoughts about him stir inside taehyung's hazy mind or feelings; it's as if the incident had never happened, or taehyung wasn't present when the guy died with jungkook's bullet fired into his chest.

neither of the three points mentioned above hit taehyung as he pedals out of the calming nature park and on to a road where cars and other cyclists flow casually down. he's completely idiotically oblivious.

                                        +

after cycling for a few more minutes, jungkook can feel taehyung slowing down minute by minute. jungkook's not surprised; when you're as weak and lithe as taehyung, cycling yourself and a grown man up a steep hill for more than two minutes is tiring.