-7-

It didn't take long before the three girls felt a small buzz from the alcohol in the drinks they were drinking

It didn't take long before the three girls felt a small buzz from the alcohol in the drinks they were drinking. They had spent the night dancing and having fun, laughing about everything that happened.

A little while later Charlotte was standing alone next to the dance floor looking at her friends dancing happily with their boyfriends. She felt her heart clench and tears starting to form in her eyes at the sight. She loved seeing her parents happy, she wanted to stay here forever.

"Hi, are you standing here all alone?" Charlotte heard someone say in her ear, close so she could hear him over the sound of the music. She hadn't noticed anyone coming up beside her so when he talked she felt her body jump a little.

"You scared me." She said when she saw who was standing next to her. His black hair falling a little in to his stormy grey eyes and he had a little smile on his face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Sirius said still with a small smile on his face.

"It's okay. Are you having a good time?"

"Yes, the parties here are always fun. Are you?"

"Yes I'm."

They continued to stand there talking for a while. If anyone looked over they could see the two of them standing close together whispering things in each others ears. They would see Charlotte putting her hand on both Sirius arm and chest as she giggled at something he said. They would see Sirius hand being placed on her waist holding on her close to him talking.

"Want to go someplace a little quieter?" Sirius asked still having his lips close to her ear.

"Sure." She said taken by him. All her thoughts about not getting involved with him had flown out the door the minute he started talking to her.

"Let's go." Sirius said and gripped Charlottes hand leading her through the room. When James saw them heading for the exit he knew he had to talk to Charlotte before she did something she would regret later.

"Charlotte!" She turned around when she heard her name being called and saw James waving at her. It had to be something important if he wanted to talk to her about it right now.

"I just have to talk to James, but I'll meet you outside in a bit?" Charlotte said with her lips close to his ear, almost touching. He didn't answer he just nodded at her in agreement before she pulled out a big smile and left to talk to their friend.

James saw Charlotte saying something to Sirius and how he nodded before she walked over to him with a smile.

"Hi, what's up?" Charlotte asked her friend (dad) with a big smile. She felt really good tonight, not thinking about everything. Not thinking about her brother and what he was doing at the moment, and not thinking about she being in the past. Tonight she felt like she just could relax.