Once Upon a Dream (Tom Riddle)

This might just be the longest one yet ~

It's 13k+ words long and about 23 pages on microsoft word. It took a long time to write.

The time I spent in the 40s was a time where I got to escape the dark world that was waiting for me in the 90s. Merlin, at least while I was here I could avoid the hopelessness that had taken over our entire family. In my dreams, I could escape the oncoming war, just for a little while.

I 'woke up' as I always did in the exact place I had fallen asleep; in my bed in the Slytherin dorm. Salazar, I was grateful that somehow, whenever it was night-time in my own world, it was daytime here. I couldn't imagine how the fourth year Slytherin girls would react to finding a strange girl in their dorm. Rising to my feet, I charmed my uniform to blend in with the uniform of the time and made my way down to the common room. Now where would he be -

And there he was, sitting on the sofa as if he was waiting for me. Perhaps he was? He had been the first person I met when this happened for the first time and he had been waiting for me the next time. So was it so out of the question to assume that he was waiting for me still? I always showed up around a similar time each day, so maybe he had figured out what time to begin waiting for me?

Salazar, I could still remember the first time I had entered this dream world - Tom's reality. I had taken one glance at the clock and assumed that I had overslept.

Shit, I thought as I ran out of the dorm. It wouldn't matter that Professor Snape was my head of house, if I turned up late to his lesson. Scrambling for my wand, I rushed down the stairs and into the common room only to come face to face with an unfamiliar boy who was walking in from the hallway. I apologised briefly for bumping into him, planning on walking around him when he caught my arm to stop me.

"What?" I demanded, looking back at him. Did he not realise that I was late?

"Is that anyway to talk to a prefect?" He arched an eyebrow, frowning down at me.

My eyebrows rose in surprise. He wasn't a prefect. I knew every prefect in the house and he certainly wasn't one. And yet, there was the badge, pinned to his robes. What the hell was going on here? For that matter - I had never seen him in the common room or around the castle.

"Prefect?" I mumbled; had one of the prefects managed to lose their badge?

"Yes; the sixth-year prefect."

"You're lying," I insisted, because he had to be. The current sixth year male prefect was my brother and while he was currently doing some stupid stuff, he certainly hadn't lost his badge. Definitely not to some strange boy who, admittedly, looked like he belonged in one of those fashion magazines Astoria liked to read so much.

"I don't like taking points from my house," he warned, "but your continued disrespect is only going to lead to that outcome, Miss -"

"Malfoy," I supplied. The corner of his lips tightened into an angry scowl and before I knew it, his wand was aimed at my jugular. I took in a stuttering breath, eyes wide. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Abraxas has no sister," the boy said quietly, dangerously, "So there is no point in trying to lie about your identity. There hasn't been a Malfoy female born in -"

"In over a hundred years," I finished for him, reaching into my robes slowly so as not to draw attention to the action. My hand curled around my wand and I took a deep breath as I felt my magic flowing through my fingers. My spine straightened instinctively as I was filled with more assurance, bringing my wand out of my pocket and holding it to my side. "I know - I'm the first in a long time. My brother - Draco he's the sixth-year prefect."