CHAPTER TWENTY

Everybody got off the quinjet and Cosima was left attached to the wall. She could easily get out of this, but she wanted to see if the Avengers knew anything about Hydra, and how best to destroy that evidence. 

Eventually, someone came back for her. She really didn't mind though, she wasn't bothered. They slipped a mask over her face that should have made her black out, but she had had so much during her life it didn't affect her anymore. She played along though. There was more people now, unwrapping her body and wings from the makeshift prison and put her into was only describable as a glass box. They strapped her into it and it really felt like she didn't have an escape. 

She pretended like she was just waking up when she looked at where she was going to be held. She was wheeled beside the man she'd thrown across the quinjet earlier. "Tony, where do you want to put her?"

So the man's name was Tony. Although she'd been taught about the Avengers, she never knew their real names. This was Tony and he was Iron Man. 

Tony looked down at her. "Put her on level 59. Tell Cap as well." They wheeled Cosima along until she was on level 59. It looked like a darker version of what Stryker kept her in. There was no windows and a very large glass container that was so thick in the middle of the room. She was put into the middle of this and a huge reinforced steel door was put in place. Suddenly, the restraints unbuckled and the door opened of her glass box.

"Stretch yourself. And go in the container in five minutes or I'll have to use this," a man said, holding up an electric device, obviously meant to cause pain. This seemed to be the man in charge of her.

"Don't mind if I do," Cosima said, stepping out of the box. She stretched her wings but when she stretched them to their wingspan, they scraped the side of the glass and made a horrible sound. The man cringed at the noise, so Cosima did it even more. 

"Right, that's enough. Back in the box." 

"No."

"I don't think you heard me right. I said, get back in the box." He stressed the second part of his sentence, making it clearer to her if it wasn't already. 

"You don't want to come near me, I can tell that. So you're not gonna come into this cell with me. I can do whatever I like. You can't hurt me." Cosima climbed on top of the glass box she was originally in, crossed her legs and looked over at the guard menacingly. She smiled and tilted her head to one side. She looked like the definition of a monster.

Doors opened to the side of them. "That's enough Cosima," a strong, masculine voice called out. A blonde man, standing over six foot, walked in. He held authority. The guard instantly walked away, and the blonde man stared at Cosima. She held his gaze. 

"What have they done to you?"

"What have who done to me?" Cosima asked, sounding and feeling puzzled.

"What did Hydra do to you?"

"They opened my eyes." Cosima cackled a little, making the man - Steve - feel nervous. Cosima picked it up immediately.

"What happened to the scared, insecure girl I sat with in the hospital a year ago? Is she still in there?" Steve walked closer to the glass, looking for the little girl Cosima he had met. "Did they poison your mind? Experiment on you? I was so stupid not being there to protect you. I can't believe I didn't stay."

Cosima looked deep into Steve's eyes. There was a sad sense to his eyes, like he saw something in her that others did not. She thought she had seen these eyes before and stared into them before. They were so blue, with the tiniest hint of green. Surely she had seen these before.

She let out a groan and toppled to the ground using her wings to help her fall down. She covered her eyes with her hands and tried to picture where she had saw this man from.

"Are you alright?" he asked. "If you're not, I can get you what you need."

"I've met you before," she said in a tiny voice, barely audible. "I've stared into your eyes before. I couldn't forget them."

A smile lit on Steve's face. "From the hospital. Do you remember? After SHIELD fell."

"I don't remember a hospital." Cosima uncovered her eyes. "And I don't know what SHIELD is. But I probably saw your eyes in a picture." She walked to the glass in front of Steve. "I want some time alone. Can you leave." She wasn't asking a question, she was demanding, something she rarely did.

"Not until you remember me."

"You're from a magazine, or a picture someone had of you. You seem like a ... oh. What's the word. Someone who's good looking and walks with clothes on so other people can buy them. Oh ... a model. Yeah. You look like a model. You're from a magazine. There were loads of girls. I'm sure Wanda had a picture of you."

"Wanda. You mean Wanda Maximoff?"

Cosima realised she'd said too much. She looked at Steve again, but her eyes had blackened over and she glared at Steve. "What do you know about her?"

"She's weird. But I think you know something about her as well."

Cosima started to lie. "I don't know anything about Wanda. She really just kept to herself and didn't share her thoughts."

"What about her brother, Pietro?"

Cosima turned around with her best surprised face she ever pulled. "She had a brother?"

Steve touched the bridge of his nose and lowered his head. "We're not finished, understand?"

"Oh. I understand that phrase," Cosima said, streching out her wings and curling them around her. "Give me five hours and then I should be good to go." She could hear the man's footsteps get closer to the door when they stopped.

"The name is Steve by the way."

"Like I care!" Cosima shouted back before drifting off to sleep, dreaming of being back at the Hydra facility.