Chapter fifteen: New Year (MariChat)

I will be posting a couple chapter's now because August-17-31st i'll be gone on a camping trip and unable to write.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
*No POV*
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Purr-rincess" echoes the room before a knocking sound coming from the window, immediately followed by the patting of small feet.

"Hey kitty, what are you doing here?" Marinette smiles before opening the wide set window, placing the brush she was just using to comb out her hair on the stand beside her bed.

Minutes before Chat had come knocking, Marinette had token a long much-needed shower and decided to keep her hair down and free from her tight usual buns.

Chat's once smiling face was now a slight frown, and the change in emotion didn't go un-noticed.

Slight panic gripped Marinette, is he okay? What happened?

"What's the matter Chat?" she asked, hoping he didn't catch the slight worry crack in her voice at the end.

Chat sighed, debating if he should spill details or not. Doubts were present, but he didn't want to ruin her New year plans.

"Nothing Purr-rincess... it's just that, I'm all alone in my home and my father doesn't want me to bother him on holidays. He thinks it's better for me to be by myself so I don't think less of him. Then my mother..." his voice cracks before finishing.

"You don't have to tell me" Marinette says softly, wishing deeply he would share the rest with her, but not wanting to push him over limits.

"She passed away when I was a baby." He finishes sitting down on the blunette's bed pulling her next to him in an act for her to comfort him.

Tears dripped from the young feline's face but quickly swiped away by his gloved hand trying to act strong.

"I *Sniff* I would celebrate New Year alone again..." He whispers almost breaking out in sob.

Besides his act of flirting toward her alter ego, Ladybug. She somewhat felt bad for the blond leather covered cat in front of her.

An idea struck her as she took his head in her hands and played with his hair in a soothing matter before continuing.

"Do you want to stay here, Chat? It's 11PM New Year's will be in an hour" She suggested softly, Chat smiled against her chest where his head was laying as her fingers danced in his hair before nodding his head in approval.

This would be his first year in 8 years that he had not spend New Year's alone.

He had only met Marinette the recent year and their friendship did not rocket at first, of course Marinette had no idea who his secret identity was.

Chat himself had only introduced himself a few months ago, he felt comfort in being able to talk with Marinette in his Hero form without her stuttering.

Besides, Marinette was going to be alone for New Years anyways. Except this would be the first time she was left alone for a holiday. Her parents had an emergency in China when her uncle had gotten a heart attack. Of course, Marinette wanted to go to support her uncle but her parents denied saying how they only had enough money raised from the bakery for two tickets, and that they didn't have enough time to raise money for her ticket too.

They hesitated to leave her alone but had no choice. They wanted to have Alya come over, but seeming how it was the holidays she was gone on vacation with her family.

"What are you doing?" Marinette giggled watching the alley cat cuddling in her blankets grapping her sketch pad and looking threw her pre-drawn sketches.

"Just admiring your artwork" he says simply, flipping through her pages admiring each one.

She nods, continue staring at him 'I'm glad you're happy' she thought smiling.

Marinette took a glance at the green clock on her nightstand reading the letters, '11:59PM' she took a deep breath in poking Chat on the shoulder as they got up and started a countdown.

Chat grabbed Marinette's hand and moved to the balcony staring up at the sky.

"Princess..." he starts, "this is the last minute of this year... and I wanted to say that..." he was cut off by the loud sound of people who were counting off the seconds.

"10!"

"That..."

"9!"

"I'm sorry I have to do this!" Chat whispered,

"8"

Chat grabbed Marinette's elbow pulling them now face to face before smashing his lips onto hers. They were so caught up into the moment they didn't pull away to breathe.

"1! Happy new year!" fireworks started to light up the night sky.

Chat pulled away madly blushing and looking deep into Marinette's eyes.

Marinette's face was the color of Nathaniel's hair and her eyes bluer then the usual bluebell.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Chat rambled nervously.

That was both of their first kisses, and they didn't regret it one bit.

Marinette laughed at Chat's immediate apologizing, having Chat shake his head in confusion. Marinette stopped laughing.

"Chat... you gave me my last first kiss..." she smiled, cupping Chat's cheek in her palm.

"So... I'm your first and last?" Chat smirked, having Marinette being hit with realization of what she had just said.

"I meant uh... M-MY LAST KISS ON THAT YEAR AND U-UHH MY FIRST KISS THIS YEAR!" She stuttered rambling, with Chat bursting in a fit of laughter beside her.

"I'd be happy to be your first and last kiss anytime, purr-rincess. Chat brought his hand to the gape of her neck before leaning in closing the distance once again.

The kiss was unlike the first one and more filled with passion and fire but still sweet.

"To be continued" he whispered to her breaking away, giving his signature farewell before jumping off into the night.