Chapter 2 ~Call It A Mistake~

Author's note: Hey little ones! Second chapter right here, what up! Haha, also. The guy, Matt in this story is my manager in real life! He's helped me write allllll of my songs, and guitar riffs, and allll that stuff. So i thought i'd use him in that story. He's about 30 years old, scruffy brown hair and beard, thin, hipster-esc. You guys would love him. ;) Anyways. ENJOY THE NEXT CHAPTER!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hallie's P.O.V.

There was confetti and some popular song blasted that I didn't recognize, after Amber and Josh were escorted off stage. Theo and Skyler danced around the stage laughing and celebrating the win.

"Hallie! Aren't you excited?!" squealed Skyler jumping up and down at me. I snapped out of it.

"Y-yeah!" I sputtered out and hugged her, Theo strolled over and pulled us into a group hug.

We leaned away and looked at each other "Now, no matter what happens. We're friends after this." Theo says "Of course." I laughed "Even if I cream you guys in the performance round." Skyler winked. Our pow-wow was interrupted by the stage manager of The Next One, Andy Starling.

The audience was filing out and the cleaning crew had already started to sweep the stage.

"Follow me." Andy beckoned us to follow him off stage. Walking a bit fast. "I'll need you to keep up with me, because i'm going to say it and I'll only say it once." He continued. We struggled to keep up. Where the hell was he going? He could walk to damn fast.

"Now, you're each have already been paired with the recording artists." he said taking a sharp turn around a corner. We all were forced to dodge 3 tech guys carrying cords, wires, and other things.

"Theo, you're paired with Gavin Degraw." he stated opening a door nodding for Theo to go in, Skyler and I peered in and caught a glimpse of the shaggy headed singer greet Theo with a warm smile and head nod.

"Skyler, you're paired with One Direction." he announced traveling down the hall to open a door on my right side. Something that i'm famous for is my clumsiness. Without paying attention to where I was walking Andy opened the door that Skyler was to enter, in which lying to the right side of the doorway were coiled wires. I stumbled over these and somehow managed to run into the door frame and topple over into One Direction's practice room, face first on the floor.

-----------------------------------

Harry's P.O.V.

"Oh shi-" a yelp was cut off my a thud, I wheeled around to see blonde hair fly through the air and fall to the ground. At first I was a bit puzzled to what happened when I realized who this girl was. It was Hallie. That girl I had watched earlier.

"I never failed to make great first impressions." She groaned attempting to lift herself up.

I didn't noticed that I had rushed to her side to help her up, not saying a word....I was speechless. What is this? Being speechless just doesn't happen to Harry Styles.

"Don't hurt yourself, love." chuckled Liam who had come to her aide as well.

"We're on a schedule people." Andy Starling tapped his foot impatiently. Taking Hallie's arm and pulling her away from us.

"Thanks!" was all she got out before the dark haired girl had stepped in front of my view of Hallie.

She grinned "I'm Skyler."

-------------------------------------------------

Hallie's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning excited as ever. First day of working with Lady Antebellum! I could tell why they paired them with me. My style was country-popish. It just made sense. I rolled out of the hotel bed and stretched walking over to the closet to look through my options.

My family was not anywhere near poor. But we weren't rich either. My Dad owned a ranch that did alright, families would come for a first hand experience on a dude ranch. They'd go on trail rides, feed the animals, bonfires, the whole 9 yards. My Mom did real estate, and in this economy today she was lucky to sell anything.

The cameras would be there today, filming for snippets for the show. I picked destroyed dark wash skinny jeans, a baggy white v-neck, and tan/brown vest, then paired it with my cowboy boots that I tucked my jeans into. I realized I was running late and didn't have time to shower so I took my hair out of it's pony tail and let the waves fall over my shoulders, about an inch from my elbow. Make up wasn't really my thing. My skin was a soft tan color, and never really broke out because I never wore make up. Mascara and a little blush and lip gloss was what I wore- so that's what I chose. I was out the door within ten minutes.

Theo and I met in the lobby, no Skyler. That was weird. A chauffer appeared and ushered us into a black BMW.

"Wait- we're forgetting Skyler." Theo tried to tell him

"No, you're not." He replied and shut the door.

Once we arrived we entered the waiting room of The Next One to be greeted by Andy.

"I have some bad news, guys." he said regretfully

"Skyler is no longer with us...." his voice trailed off

"SHE DIED?!" Theo and I exclaimed

"Oh! Hahaha, no! She cheated. Turned out she had family that were part of the tech team that helped her lip sing 90% of her songs. she's off the show." He explained. Theo and I let out a breath, to look at each other.

"Also, Hallie- you're no longer with Lady Antebellum. You're now paired with One Direction." he said then waved us off to go our separate ways. My jaw dropped.

"W-W-Wait, no no no no no. I need to be with Lady Antebellum. THAT is the kind of music I sing. How does a Country-Pop singer, mesh with a boy band?!" I stuttered trying to follow after Andy

"We took a poll, and viewers would rather watch you with One Direction, than with Lady Antebellum. There's no getting out of this Miss Marks. Take it or leave it." He retorted then stalked off.

I cringed my hands in frustration. How the hell am I going to win when i'm working with boys who don't sing the same as I do? And dance? I don't dance. I mean, I two step- but do NOT dance.

I took a deep breath. This couldn't be all that bad, could it?

---------------------------------------------------

Harry's P.O.V.

Now that I had shaken off my choked up spell when I saw Hallie, it was time to woo her. Now, I'm in no way big headed. None of us are. But i'll admit- I'm quite charming. This would be a breeze for me to win over Hallie. And the fact that we had now been paired with her? It was all falling into place.

We were supposed to meet in the recording studio at 9:00 am and it was 9:05 when Hallie walked in looking a bit frazzeled.

"Hey guys." she forced a smile that showed she had something on her mind. "Sorry I'm late, this whole Skyler thing just really threw me off." she nodded as if she was reassuring herself as well as us that was the reason she looked stressed.

"Don't worry about it, babe." grinned Louis he said putting his arm around her in a friendly manner "This is going to be a lovely experience for us all."

----------------------