Chapter 2

Kara's POV

          Kal-El and I head back to the DEO with the hard drive Lena gave us. I really liked her, and it makes me mad that my cousin won't give her a chance. Before I could bring it up, we arrived.

          "Good, you're back. What did Lena tell you?" Alex says, greeting is at the door.

          "She gave us this hard drive. I still think she is a suspect, though she said that she was just planning out a ceremony for tomorrow." Kal-El tells Alex, handing her the hard drive.

          "I think she is innocent. She is just trying to make a name for herself outside of her family. Kal-El is just biased because of Lex." I said, hopefully not blushing. Like I said, I'm straight, but Lena is so pretty.

          "I am not biased, I just don't trust her." He says, and I was about to say that it was because she was a Luthor, but Alex talks before I can.

          "I'll have Winn look through this hard drive. We'll have him do some research on who was on it, and if they could have been a target."

          "Alright, I have to go talk to James. Call me back to the DEO when you find something out." I fly away, not waiting for Kal-El to follow. I'm sure he will, because James is his friend. As expected, seconds later he flies up next to me.

          "Why are you so accepting of her? Do you know how much trouble her brother caused me? She could be just like him." I come to a dead-stop and look at him right in the eye.

          "She also could be better than him. You heard what she said. Lex disappointed her. You know what, we should just go and visit James." I fly away, and he continues with me. There is a moment of silence, then he apologizes. I accept his apology, feeling slightly better.

          We arrive at Catco, and find James in his office, we have changed into our normal clothes, obviously. Rao, we have been changing a lot today.

          "Clark! Wow, its so great to see you." He hugs Kal-El, then hugs me too.

          "Sorry about our date. There was the Venture crash, then we had to talk to Lena, but we are here now." I feel kind of guilty. I've pushed James aside, made him a second priority, though that is probably okay when you have to save lives.

          "Its fine, we can reschedule. Man, I'm glad to see you Clark. We should all hang out sometime." James says, looking from my cousin to me to see our reactions. I'm down for it, but Kal-El is looking a bit sad.

          "I'm sorry bud, but I'll have to leave soon. I'm just here for a while to see Kara."

          "Yeah, that's okay." James looks upset. He must have really been looking forward to it.

          "We should all go to dinner. Clark and I can make sure we have time." I look at Kal-El sternly. I want James to be happy.

          "That sounds great!" Clark looks super happy now, and when I look at James, he is smiling from ear to ear. I always make sure everyone around me is happy, even if it means I have to sacrifice time to myself. Plus, why wouldn't I want to hang out with my cousin and, I don't know what to call James, my boyfriend? My love interest?

          The rest of the day goes by pretty slowly. When I get home I change into a dress and meet Kal-El and James at a nice restaurant downtown. When I arrive, James is already there, talking to my cousin. They greet me and we get a table.

          We order drinks, then make small talk. James and Kal-El talk like they have known each other since they were kids, even though they only met three years ago.