75

[harry's pov]

The steady sound of chopping, which accompanied Aria’s rapid moves as she cut the onions didn’t change pace as she started talking again.

“But - I still don’t - I mean - Amber and you? How?” Her voice had a smile in it, but I still couldn’t quite take my eyes of Daisy and Amber in the livingroom. I was leaning against the doorframe of the kitchen just watching how they were playing around in the room across the small entrance. With my arms crossed across my chest and head leaned against the frame, with a smile resting peacefully on my lips by the sight; I didn’t really react to Aria’s words.

“Earth calling Harry,” she repeated with a chuckle making me spin around to face her, “yeah ehm. Yeah, I don’t really know how it happened it just kind of did.” I couldn’t stop the cheesy smiling either. It must have been the way my voice sounded, that made Aria stop the chopping and look up at me surprised; “gosh it’s that serious with you?”

Was it really that noticeable how mad I was about Amber Moore?

Beaming because I couldn’t contain all of the amusement of Aria’s reaction, which made me stupidly happy for some strange reason; I looked down at my hands. I was spinning the silver ring over and over playing with the thought of giving it to her, “I really, really like her, yeah.”

Honestly, I had never spoken with Aria about any of my past relationships. But I guessed this was different, since she knew Amber so well.

Aria seemed a little baffled too by my unusual openness, because she stayed thoughtfully silent for a short while before saying; “I can see that you do - in the way you look at her and move around her. She’s really something, isn’t she?”

Her observations surprised me - but then again Amber had over the past three weeks time completely changed the way of my inner solar system; now I wasn’t some long lost planet just flying aimlessly around in the dark anymore. Instead I was constantly drawn and attracted to her, as the earth was to the sun. As endlessly cliche as it was, it was nevertheless the truth. My world centered around her now.

“She isn’t just something - she’s absolutely everything,” I smiled back at Aria because saying that out loud made it more true in some way. And Aria titled her head and replied my grin with a sigh of relief.

“I’m really happy for you, Harry. Really. And if you don’t mind me asking but I was just wondering - does she know about,” she hesitated while pouring the chopped onions into the pot, “you know things with your father?”

I walked over to the kitchen island, which she was working at and took a seat on one of the high white chairs - proceeding to rest my head in my hand.

“Not the most important part no - you know his secretary actually called me right before I called you today,” I watched as she stirred in the pot which was filled with the frying onions, but as I had gotten to the last part of my telling she had frozen in the movement. Her eyes found mine in a matter of nanoseconds, “what?” The tone of her voice had gone up in shock, her smile had fainted like a helpless flower in autumn.  

“He wants me to come along to this weekend for some annual Charity Fundraising event - but of course him attending is just a way to get space in the papers leading up to that next election. As per usual PR-stunt all the fucking time. It’s all just a game for him; he’s fucking unbelievable,” I couldn’t stop myself from letting my anger out physically. My voice was hard as stone and I was clenching my fist tightly; my entire posture was tensed, as I fiddled with one of Daisy’s crayons, which had been abandoned on the table. Without noticing I forcefully started drawing circles on some brochure, which just happened to be right there for me to focus my frustration on.