Chapter 16

Sam was exhausted. He could barely stand up at the sink of our hotel room as he brushed his teeth. I came up behind him, wrapping my arms around his bare waist, burying my head in his neck. He attempted a smile at me, but toothpaste started dripping down his chin. He managed a small laugh before leaning forward, spitting out the toothpaste and cupping his hands under the running water faucet. His ass suddenly pressing hard against my crotch had my heart skip a beat.

"I'm gonna say goodnight to my sister," I told him, pulling away from his skin. He only nodded, swishing around the water in his mouth.

Sarah and Lottie were a few doors down from us. I knocked lightly on the door, my sisters face appearing in front of me moments later. When she saw it was me she smiled and stepped into the hallway, two of her fingers keeping the door from locking behind her.

"So?" She raised her eyebrows expectantly. "How's everything going?"

"Good," I told her honestly, my fingers anxiously running over the trim on the door frame.

"That Lena chick?" Her nose turned up in disgust. I fought a smile. "What's her fucking deal?"

I chuckled. "I know, right? But she's nice in person. And she's not into Sam. At all. So, I don't have a problem with her."

"Thank God."

I agreed.

She pulled the door as tightly as she could to her fingers, looking around the hallway to make sure no one was listening. No one was. A sadistic smile appeared on her face then. "How's everything with Sam? How's the sexy stuff?"

I shook my head at her incessancy. "Everything's good, Sar."

"Has he asked you to be his boyfriend yet?"

"What? His boyfriend? He's asking me to be his boyfriend?"

"No, no he's not," Sarah rushed to answer my frantic questioning. She sighed. "I don't know, maybe he is. Or maybe you should ask him."

"We're not dating, Sarah! We're... we aren't anything. We kiss and stuff, we're not just friends, but we're not a couple, either."

"So become a couple!"

"No, Sar," I shook my head. "I mean I'm going to college in a month. He's starting his tour before I even leave. There's so much going on." Sarah answered me with a pointed look. I began rambling, trying to prove something to her. "He's an A-list celebrity, Sarah! I don't know if I can handle that. I really don't think I can handle all that."

She nodded. "Fine. But let me ask you this," she drew closer to my face. "How would you feel if you heard he was with someone else?"

It only took Sarah suggesting Sam was seeing another guy to make my heart ache. A terrible, agonizing ache.

"Horrible," I muttered.

"Just something to think about," she told me, reaching up to place a kiss on my head. "Night, Taitey."

"Night."

I headed back towards our room, Sarah's comments playing on a loop in my brain as I let myself in. All the lights were still on. I tossed the room key down on a table by the door. "Sarah says good night," I announced to the room. No one answered me. Pulling off my t-shirt, I called out again, "Sam?"

Again, no response. I stepped a few more feet out of the hallway to enter the main room. I felt myself smile as I saw that Sam was lying across one of the two queen beds in only his boxers. He hadn't even bothered to get under the blankets. One of his hands was tucked behind his head as he slept. He looked angelic.