Bonding

Saiges' (POV)

It's been half an hour since that guy left. He was pretty cute, but I stayed professional. His brother though, he was really annoying. but I tried my best to keep calm. If he thought that was as angry as I can get, he was so wrong. Anyways as I finished up my shift, I went to my bosses room.

"Hey Grace, I'm done for the day." I say peeping through the half opened door.

"Alright, but I have to ask if you can work extra this Sunday?"

"What's the event?" I ask

"It's the famous Nathaniel Winston's birthday and his mother chose us to cater for their dessert. Isn't that amazing!" she says excitedly.

"Wow, that's amazing, but don't you have servers? Why do you need me?" I ask as polite as I can be.

"I do, it's just, Sunday's also the same day of my mother's mandatory birthday party. And if I don't go, she said she might pass away due to misery. Anyways, you're a great worker and I trust you so, I'd like you to be in charge of the event." She says and excitement runs through my whole body.

"Oh and of course I'll pay you extra for it. So, what do you say?" She ask nervously since I haven't said a word yet,

"I'd love to! Thank you so much for this opportunity!" I say with a huge smile as I give her a handshake and then head out the door.

The rest of the afternoon I tutor some of the neighbourhood kids. If you haven't guessed yet, I'm poor. I was adopted at the age of three and grew up to live Cinderella's life. After a while I got fed up and did somehow she could never try, I ran away. I had to stay at that house by law until I was eighteen, so I've been saving up. Now, it been 4 years of living alone and I haven't found my Prince Charming yet, but I couldn't care. Right now I'm focused on finishing university and then finding a proper job. You may wonder how I go to college on a waitress fee well, let me tell you. I got a scholarship. I hate bragging but, I'm a genius. It may sound really bragging but, it's true....my IQ is 146. Anyways, about my job opportunity, I'm so excited, but I'm worried cause I don't know who this Nathaniel guy is.

Nathaniels' (POV)

It's Saturday and my mom banned me from the office. She says I spend too much time in there, so that I at least have to blow off some steam on the weekends. I tried to convince her, but I lost. Why do mothers always win. After all the complaining, I told I'd go, but thanks to her I don't get to blow off some steam, in on a forced date with Sarah. She is way to yappy for my taste.  She decided that we go to this expensive restaurant so that she can talk about herself more ugh, thanks a lot mom. As we enter some restaurant she chose, we are automatically greeted by the boss. As we sit down, she keeps continuing to talk about who knows what while I order for us. After I finish eat I make up any excuse I can think of and leave as fast as I can.

I don't know how, but I ended out at the park, sitting on a bench, wondering what I did with my life and if I should go to Japan too. As I'm about to close my eyes, I am surprised to see Saige riding her skateboard, when she looks up and sees me. She waves and I wave back. As she stops in front of me, she asks,

"What are you doing here?"

"Thinking if I should move to Japan for a while." I say, and she giggles in return.

"That bad of a day?"

"You have no idea. My mom's trying to find me a wife." I say with a sigh. I didn't know why but, I had this odd sensation of comfort whenever I was around her.

"Wow, never had that problem before but, to be fair I kind of don't have a mom to nag at me and I'm not at that age where I need to marry fast." I was shocked at how open she was about it and about the fact as well.

"I'm so sorry." I say apologetically.

"It's alright. I was adopted before."

"What do you mean by before." I was surprised, this was the first time I was actually listening to what a girl was telling me.

"Well, I was basically Cinderella when I lived there. And I received my fairygodmother when I got the chance to run away when I turned eighteen and now I live alone like an orphan again." She says as she looks at her hands.

"Do you know who your birth parents are?"

"Nope. The lady at the orphanage said she found me.....but nothing else" I was to young to remember, so I believe her. Plus she was a good mother to me.

"So she had saved you from living on the streets?" I ask and she nods.

"Wow, your life must be hard without parents. I'm sorry."

"It's alright, it's not like you were apart of it." She says jokingly,

"Anyways, I told you my life, now you tell me yours."

With a chuckle I play along, "Alright, what do you want to know?"

"Tell me, how'd you live your life?" I guess Alex was right, she doesn't know who we are.

"Well, I grew up being homeschooled through elementary, then I went to a private high school and finished off by getting a scholarship to Oxford."

"Wow, you lived an exciting school life, but I asked about your life, not about your school life."

"To tell you the truth, I didn't really have a life besides studying."

"Oh! So, you never had any fun?"

"Well, it's kind of hard when your parents keep making you study and nothing else."

"I guess we both lived two different lives."

With a chuckle I reply back with a 'yeah'.

"Alright, let's go." As she stands up I just stare confused. "You may not have had fun as a child, but your never to old to have fun."

"What are you up to?" I ask

"Just come on." she says as she grabs my arm to head to...the bus stop?

"Um...you know I have a car, right?

"So....no bus?" I nod back to her and this time I grab her by the arm.

When we finally reach my car, she puts on a shocked expression. "This is your car?" she points while looking shocked and I just nod back to her. " Wow, so you're rich?"

"Yeah, I guess I am. So, are you gonna act differently around me now?"

"You know what? Even if you're rich, it doesn't change the type of person you are." Wow, that was the first person who ever said that and meant it.

I know my mind is telling me I'm trusting her to fast, but her eyes keep bringing me closer to her. "So where are we going?"

"That's a surprise, just go where I tell you." With that she directed me which way I should go.