Chapter Ten: Relax

“I’m sorry, but she’s not really budging,” Adam apologized to my dad through the phone, eyeing me carefully as I sat on the couch with my arms crossed, keeping my attention on the television screen.

“Yeah, we’ll join you two for a meal some other time,” he said to him, “Goodbye.”

Finally putting down the phone, he grabbed the food and marched up to me, “Alright, here’s our emergency cheering up kit,” he chuckled, dropping everything on the coffee table in front of me.

Ice cream, chips, sodas, and almost every single candy he found in the convenient store nearby was scattered on the table along with several DVDs waiting to be played.

“What did he say?” I asked, grabbing a tub of ice cream and a large spoon from the pile of goodies.

“He was disappointed but he didn’t tried to question,” he answered before raising up a couple of DVDs, “Which one.”

I smiled before plucking out Titanic from his hand and I saw him groan, “Seriously?!” he complained, “How many times have you see this movie?”

“Best friend duties,” I reminded him, pouting for some dramatic effects, “Please.”

He rolled his eyes but he stood up to prep up for our movie time.

Honestly, after I poured out my heart in front of the whole cast and crew of the movie, I felt extremely better. They fixed up my looks and prepared me for another shot which I did with less drama than the first take.

Adam was making sure I don’t have any more break downs and took the liberty to drive me home for what he calls “best friend cheering up time”. He ran to the nearest convenient store and brought every single edible thing he saw and he came back then called my father to cancel our dinner with him and Kate.

So far, he’s doing a swell job.

Adam fell on the spot next to me and started the movie. The usual first scene of Titanic came to view and he grabbed a bag of potato chips from the table, “I swear, this movie is so cheesy.”

“I live in Hollywood,” I shrugged, “Everything is cheesy.”

“Yet you’re still the same old crybaby Sophia,” he chuckled, popping a chip into his mouth.

I grabbed the throw pillow next to me and I flung it to his direction, effectively hitting the right side of his body.

“Hey!” he complained, “What was that for?”

“You promised to never talk about it again!”

He rolled his eyes and turned his gaze to the screen. I smirked, no matter how much he complained, I knew that he found Titanic interesting to some degree.

Jack saw Rose, which was what’s best about this movie. He saw her, in many more ways than one.

Halfway through the movie, the doorbell rung and I signaled to Adam that I will be the one to get it. I saw his hesitance but he grabbed the remote and paused the movie.

“Calm down, Jack, I’ll be back real quick,” I teased, standing up and walking to the front door.

The minute I opened it, Taylor came barging in with a gaze that could absolutely kill a person, “What the hell is wrong with you?!”

“Well, good evening to you too,” I greeted sarcastically, shutting the door behind me, “Please elaborate.”

“First the interview slip-up then I hear some news that you’re having a panic attack at the middle of a billion dollar movie set,” she droned on, pacing back and forth in my foyer, “What do you need to get you back into your zone?”