Chapter Ten:

Ruka (1)

We were asleep in our 'prison cell', which I wouldn't even call it that since it was so nice. Then again, it was just refurbished.

There were only three beds so I slept next to Sokka. Katara never liked me sleeping in the same bed with her since I was a "crazy sleeper". Sokka was too, so we were always stuck with each other.

I heard some shuffling, but thought it was just Momo. I opened my eyes slightly, and Sokka was facing me with his eyes closed. His mouth was wide open and drool was coming out of it and going onto the pillow. I made a face, then turned my body around to the other side.

However, there was a guard in front of me and before I could yell for one of my siblings or Aang, he covered my mouth then grabbed me out from my warm bed.

Two more guards did the same for my siblings, but not for Aang. Then, we vanished into the walls.

Our mouths we're still covered while we walked with the guards. We made it to this hallway that finally had better light and we waited for awhile behind this wall.

They uncovered our mouths, but right before I was going to call for Aang, the guard stopped me. "You best keep quiet before the king doesn't give the avatar a chance to free you."

"It's okay, Ruka. Just keep calm." Sokka tried to reassure me.

A few minutes passed and the guard earth bent the wall in front of us down.

The guards pulled out these crystal rings and put them on our index finger.

"Also known as creeping crystals." Bumi explained. The ring glowed and I brought it up to my eye to see it better. We tried to get the rings off, but they wouldn't budge.

"By night fall, your friends will be completely covered in it. Terrible fate, really. I can stop it, but only if you cooperate."

The rings glowed again but this time it grew upward. "Ah! It's already creeping!" Sokka widened his eyes. I tried to bit it off, but Katara swatted her hand away. "You're going to break your tooth."

I licked it and it tasted sweet. "Katara, what if we licked them off!" I smiled wide. Katara and Sokka looked at me with plain looks. "Not a bad idea, but we're not going it." Sokka shook his head.

Aang looked to the earth king, "I'll do what you want." The earth king smiled mischievously.

>>>

We were all in a cave. Ahead of us was this "waterfall" coming down, and Aang was at the bottom of it, standing on a rock and waiting for his task.

The king laughed, "Haha haha."

The rings have already covered our hands and were making their way up our arms.

"It seems I've lost my lunch box key and I'm hungry." The king said. "Oh, there it is!" He pointed to the "waterfall". In the middle of it was a key hooked on a long chain. "Would you mind fetching it for me?"

I saw Aang jumping from the high pointy rocks? to another. Doing flips and such, going pretty smoothly. He is an airbender, so he's light on his feet.

He continued this until he reached the end, diving into the stream of water. Then, I couldn't see him anywhere. "Come on Aang." I muttered to myself.

"Oooh, climbing the ladder. No ones thought of that before." The king said sarcastically. I gritted my teeth together, putting my free hand in a fist, trying not to say anything that'd get me or my siblings in trouble.

We heard yelling, and we ran to the edge. Aang was flying to the high point rocks, and we gasped in worry. Aang got in between two and slid down, doing the splits and everything. He was only centimeters away from the rock that was under him going right up his - stuff.

Aang started to hop the rocks again, but this time jumping above the water and not to it. He looked down at it then let himself fly down, then got in a diving position - twirling himself so he could have enough speed and force to make it through the water.

"Yes, this is it!" I said with hopeful eyes. However, that was not the case. He went straight down, came out and flew straight into a rock, holding onto it so he wouldn't fall down and die. I face palmed myself with my free hand. The crystal rings were already to our shoulder.

"That's right, keep diving head in. I'm sure it'll work eventually." The king said. Aang looked behind his shoulder to the key. He broke the tip of the rock, then threw it to the "waterfall". He threw a gust of wind at the end to give it better force. It flew straight through, cutting the chain and flying right above us.

We looked up to the key that hung above the King's head. "Woohoo! Go Aang!" I cheered.

"There! Enjoy your lunch! I want my friends back now!" Aang yelled. "Uh, not yet." The king put his hands together. "I need help with another matter. It seems that I've lost my pet Flopsy."