Mad Smoothies and Mad Game

"You can't tell me you're actually okay with this." Danny argued Ben later in the apartment, while Bonnie was out with Hank. Brooke was digging through the fridge, and Riley was trying to get Emma to eat.

"I'm actually okay with this." Ben told him nonchalantly. Riley looked up from Emma.

"Well, your mom dating your coach should make for some interesting pillow talk." She remarked, and Danny began panicking.

"What? No pillows. How did there suddenly get to be pillows? They were just going to happy hour." Ben raised his eyebrows at him, a smirk on his face.

"If I recall, the last girl you took to happy hour got so happy we got a noise complaint." Brooke nodded as she pulled out the ketchup and a jar of pickles from the fridge.

"Yeah, thanks for that by the way. It was a great way to get me up for work on time." Danny slammed his hands down on the counter.

"But that's different." He insisted. "They wouldn't- she's a mom!" Riley's eyebrows went up.

"And Ben's a dad. Hasn't slowed him down. And Brooke's-" Ben knocked the bottle of ketchup off of the counter, stopping Riley's sentence, before turning to Danny, smirking as if nothing happened.

"It would take a lot more than a baby." Brooke nodded, pulling a packet of Oreos and an orange from the cupboard.

"And I know that firsthand." Riley grimaced, and Danny stood up, tired of discussing it.

"That's it, I can't think about this anymore. I'm going to go workout until even my brain is exhausted." Ben gave him a small wave as he headed out the door.

"See ya' in 20." Then he went over to see if Riley had gotten Emma to eat. "Any progress?" Riley shook her head as Emma sat there, her mouth shut.

"If she could eat through her nose, I'd say she's doing great." Ben smiled, before taking the spoon and lifting it towards Emma's mouth. At once, the little girl opened up and took the spoonful that her father provided her. "Aww. Mystery solved. She's a Daddy's girl." Riley said cheerfully, just as Brooke laid out a box of Cheez Its, before going into the freezer, just as Ben's phone vibrated.

"Ah, Tucker and the guys are already at the field. I should finish feeding her." He told Riley. "Mom's gonna be here soon, can you run my equipment down to the field for me? And take my mitt." Riley looked uncertain, and Ben smiled at her again. "You'll have fun. I promise." Riley sighed, but she took the bag with a grunt and a smile.

"Oof. This weighed so much less when I weighed so much more." And she hurried out the door, and Ben went back over to Emma.

"You don't care about a shelf-full of trophies, do you?" He asked her. "Your daddy's still a winner in your eyes, right?" Emma just hit the spoon, splattering food all over him. "I'll take that as a "yes." He murmured, then jumped when Brooke started up the blender, mixing all of the things she had pulled out with ice cream. "Brooke, what are you doing?" He shouted, and she stopped the machine with a smile.

"I'm hungry, and all of these things sound so good, I just had to mix them all together!" Ben felt his face turn red.

"Would you say you're having a... Craving?" She looked at her mutated looking concoction, and nodded.

"By the looks of this smoothie that probably belongs in a Star Wars movie, probably! Yeah!" Ben felt his cheeks get heated as she poured herself a glass, then took a sip. "Why this tastes so good, I will never know! But it does, and its great!" Then she set her glass down and headed for the bathroom.

"Hey, you going to throw up again?" Ben asked her, and she shook her head.

"No, I have to pee."

BABYSITTER

"Hey, Brawlers. Sorry I'm so late." Ben told the team as he hurried onto the field, having left Brooke and Emma behind with Bonnie. When he left, Brooke had finished the blender full of her "smoothie", vomited twice, then had gone to her apartment to lay down, saying her back and ankles were sore.

"We did it. We won!" Tucker exclaimed, running over to Ben excitedly, the rest of the team behind him.

"At what?" Ben asked, convinced it wasn't possible that they could win.

"Softball." Tucker insisted, grinning like a maniac. "First time ever. But it was all Riley. She was incredible." Ben looked to Riley, who was smiling the biggest.

"Riley?" She squealed with glee when she saw Ben.

"Ben! Did you hear?" She asked excitedly. "Oh my God, you were right. This was so fun. These guys are awesome." Tucker shook his head.

"No, you're awesome. Three home runs! Three. I think she even made the umpire cry." Ben smiled half heartedly, trying to be happy for his friends.

"Sounds like I missed a great game." Tucker nodded as Riley went to join the rest of the team in celebration.

"Oh, um... One other minor thing you missed." Tucker told him. "The guys voted Riley team captain." Ben's eyes went wide, his smile gone entirely.

"What? How could they- wait." He remembered something. "I thought the vote had to be unanimous." Tucker realised this.

"I might have gotten caught up in the moment." He told Ben, before holding up his hand. "High-five?"

(. .)
<) )>
/\

(Here's a fabulous lady.)