Chapter 2: Choose Me

It was hopeful thinking for Bai Sun to know the word "reasonable". Because I hadn't gone with Min to the port to see Bai Sun, the young master cut off the Bai and Fa's business relation. The business relation between two families had been set for decades - way before my grandfather's time. I was both livid and shock that Bai Sun had gone that far. The man knew that the Bai business for Fa Port is almost a third of yearly income.

                I had wanted to go talk reason to the infuriated man, but grandfather gave strict order that I was not to leave the Fa Mansion until the Bai family ship set sail. Grandfather showed no concern to the business loss. Instead, he was adamant that I couldn't meet with the spoil young master.

                Once the Bai family ship left, I immediately got on Yun and went to the port to speak with Min. To my surprise, Bai Sun was still there. When he saw me, he smiled like he had won. Min's troubled expression made me realized that I had fallen into Bai Sun's trap.

"Lan-Lan, you finally came"

                Like always, Bai Sun is dress in elegant white robe. Despite his handsome face, I couldn't stand his presence. I never understood the reason to this.

"Lan-Lan, come join me for a meal"

                I stared at him for a moment before conceded. When I got down from Yun, the smile on Bai Sun face widened. Ignoring him, I walked Yun to the stable. After Yun is situated, I turned to see Bai Sun standing nearby, watching and waiting. Min was also nearby with a worried expression.

"Min-ge" I said with a soft smile. "Come with young master Bai and Wei Lan for a light meal"

"I only had invited you Lan-Lan"

"You have been working hard today" I ignored Bai Sun. "You can't forget to eat Min-ge"

                Then I walked out the stable and asked a worker to prepare a light meal for 3. Soon, I found myself in a private room with Bai Sun and Min. With several dishes set, I poured the tea for Min before pouring one for Bai Sun.

"Lan-Lan tea is indeed incomparable to others" Bai Sun smiled as he sip the tea.

                Min didn't say anything as he also drinks his tea.

"Young master Bai, do you really intend to cut ties with Fa Port?" I asked directly - knowing well he is waiting for me to ask.

"Yes" He answered simply with his usual smiles.

"Master Bai has nothing to say to your decision?"

"Grandfather lets me do as I please"

                Saying nothing else, I refilled the cup of empty tea.

"Lan-Lan, if you ask me nicely, I will reconsider my decision"

                When Min set his cup of tea down, I knew he was upset. Before Min vents his anger, I poured the tea into his cup, my smiles calming him.

"If young master Bai decides to cut ties with Fa Port, so be it" I said softly, setting the pot of tea in the charcoal tray. "Wei Lan will consider this a parting meal"

                Bai Sun laughed after a moment of silence.

"Lan-Lan, you're still so cold to me" Bai Sun smile suddenly became cold. "After so many years, your coldness toward me never change"

                I kept silent while I continued to pour tea. When he suddenly swipe the tea cup in front of him, it to shatter on the floor.