Chapter 3: The Rumor

"Mei-mei"

Min followed me as I escaped to the horse stables.

"It's only rumors, Feng isn't the type to_"

"Chen Hua Lan" I cut Min off while I opened Yun's gate. "Wei Lan cannot compare to her..."

"Mei-mei" Min put a hand on my shoulder, stopping me from taking Yun's out. "There is no need to compare; Wang Feng only has mei-mei in his eyes"

"Yes... mei-mei is in his eyes..." I turned and looked at Min with sadness. "But Chen Hua Lan is in his heart"

"Wei Lan" Min put both his hands on my shoulders. "Why do you believe that Bai Sun instead of Min-ge? I know Wang Feng, Min-ge knows he is a loyal man"

How could I explain to Min that Wang Feng was never intended to be mine? How could I tell him that before this life, Wang Feng belong to Chen Hua Lan?

"Mei-mei" Min sighed softly while he gathered me in his arms. "I didn't want to tell you those rumors because I was afraid you'll overthink it. I didn't want you to be hurt for no reason"

I leaned into my dear cousin chest and let the tears fall.

"A few months back, Wang Feng escorts the crown prince to Ming Province to give award to the prime minister of Ming. Chen Hua Lan is the daughter of the prime minister... The rumors say they are close, but I know it's only because of the circumstance."

Hearing this, my trembling hands to grip onto Min's robe. I couldn't stop the sob that falls from my lips.

"Mei-mei" Min hugged me tighter.

I could only cry for the loss. Even though I had prepared myself for this, the news still hurts me so much. Past life or this life, not once have I cried this painfully.