Summer Holidays Contest Winner

Here's the winner story of #SHcontest, by toysandtears!

♡♡♡

Catherine's P.O.V.

"Mommy, can we go on holiday? We're on summer holiday!" my adorable daughter, Jasmine, asked, tugging on my shirt.

"Holiday!" Roy piped up from her older sister's side.

"Holiday? Where do you girls want to go?" I asked them, peering over the magazine I was currently engrossed in.

"I don't know, I just want to go on holiday," Jasmine replied truthfully.

"Holiday!" Roy once again exclaimed.

"I'll talk to daddy about it, okay?" Jasmine nodded her head and ran off, dragging Roy along with her.

I went up to our room, where Tyler was supposedly working at. The door was closed, so I opened it up and the first thing I saw was my strong husband being tackled on the floor, by my two delicate daughters. Magazines were scattered all over the floor, and Tyler's phone laid on the side of the floor.

"Please bring us on holiday! Mommy said we could!" begged Jasmine, who was sitting on Tyler's Hand.

"Holiday! Holiday! Holiday!" Roy was yelling, while pacing around her dad, stepping on multiple magazines.

"Ouch- get off my hand Jasmine!" Tyler exclaimed and rolled away from Roy and Jasmine.

Jasmine and Roy both gave a few giggles, and ran away to their rooms, dodging the mess on the floor. Tyler stood up, massaging his hand and sighing. I went over to him and grabbed his hand in mine, and gave him a little peck on the cheek.

"Maybe we should just go on a short holiday you know? We haven't gone on a family holiday since last year and I'm sure the girls will have lots of fun." I suggested to him.

"So many places, where to go?" I laughed at his childness and flopped onto our big bed and Tyler jumped next to me. I started browsing some holiday locations, hoping to find a place suitable for our family to go to.

About 20 minutes in, Jasmine and Roy barged into my room holding up a crumpled piece of paper.

"Mommy! We have some holiday places!" Jasmine exclaimed, waving the paper in my face. Roy stood next to Jasmine, grinning widely. I eyed the piece of paper and saw some words messily scribbled on it.

summer holday!
1. Jasmine land
1. Princes land
2. hapy land
3. Budapest

I skimmed through the list but the last name caught me by surprise.

"Budapest?" I looked at the name, shocked. "How do you girls know about Budapest?"

"We saw a picture of it in the living room, and Roy said that it looked very pretty," Jasmine replied.

Jasmine ran to the living room and came back a few seconds later with a picture frame in her little hands.

"Look mommy! This picture says Bu - du - pest on it!" she said, struggling with the words.

The picture frame contained a picture that was taken years ago when Tyler, Hayden, his girlfriend at that time, my twin brothers, Max and Jake, and I went to Budapest. We were all sitting on the shore of a beach. I really loved the photo so I decided to frame it.

"Alright kids, I'll see what I can do," I exclaimed.

After a short talk with Tyler, we booked tickets and hotels to spend a week in Budapest. Because I had visited Budapest before, I knew just which hotel I wanted to stay in, and which places I wanted my daughters to see.