location - khalid

One year later...

"Breaking news, politician Jang Jaemin was found this morning dead in his hotel room in Jeju-do after overdosing. The reasoning for the suicide hasn't been clarified although it has been speculated that it could be due to his recent sexual assault scandal."

Someone tsked beside Chung Minah. She looked to her left and a guy around her age was looking up at the TV screen with his arms crossed. He looked at her and puckered out his lips, shaking his head. She rolled her eyes and focused back on the news.

"What do you want, Namjoon?"

He laughed, causing dimples on both of his cheeks to show. "Am I not allowed to watch the news with my favourite boxing partner?"

"You aren't allowed to bother me."

Namjoon dramatically clutched his chest as if a bullet had fired straight theough it. "How can you be so cruel? Everything I do annoys you though."

"Oh please, don't make yourself feel special. You aren't the only one who pisses me off."

He ignored her and focused back on the massive tv situated in the lobby of the leisure centre.

"I don't think he committed suicide. He is too much of a narccist to do something like that," he thought out loud, squinting his eyes at the photo of the smiling politician when he was still alive.

"What makes you think that?"

He darted his eyes around the reception of the leisure centre before returning his gaze to her. His face had grown serious and it made Minah want to listen to what he wanted to say. A feeling that was really rare for her to have around him.

"I think it was an assassian who killed him."

Minah rolled her eyes, grabbing her sports bag and boxing gloves, ready to leave him. She wasn't going to stick around to hear any more of Namjoon's lame jokes. She felt stupid for overestimating him even after a year of knowing him.

"I will see you in the boxing ring so you better get up fast."

"Hear me out on my theory, Minah," he said, "I'm not talking about just any assassian, I'm talking about The Chameleon. Have you heard of that name?"

What kind of name-

She shook her head, causing him to gasp. He tsked again with dissapointment.

"How have you never heard of him! He is like the best asassian in the country. If there is one person I could invite to dinner, it would be him," he said, dreamily looking up and smiling to himself.

Minah sat back down again, the topic had perked her interest. The idea of gaining help from the best asassian made her think really fanciful thoughts on capturing Blue.

"So, how can one find this guy?"

He let out a dejected sigh and shrugged his shoulders. "If only I knew. He is notorious for being very incognito. No one knows any information about him, his age, looks, real name. That's how he got the name The Chameleon, because he blends in so well. Rumour has it that the only time you will see him is when he wants to kill you...Why are you glaring at me like that?"

She rolled her eyes and got up from the sofa, with no intention to sit down again. She had gotten her hopes for no reason.

"Sounds like pure bullshit to me. An internet hoax," she told him before walking towards the electronic gates next to the reception desk.

"It's not fake! You can look it up online!"

Minah shook her head, feeling sorry for Namjoon for believing internet trolls. Internet was a place she didn't have access to fir a decade yet she was more aware of it's antics than Namjoon. Unless he too was in prison. Minah shook her head. No way could that guy have ever been a criminal. He was too innocent, too full of life.

She made her way into the changing rooms where she put her belongings in the locker before walking out with her boxing gloves.

Whilst waiting for Namjoon, she practised on the punching bag as a warm up. Since she was the only one in the room, her punches loudly echoed, bouncing off the bare walls. When she took a break, someone from behind clapped their hands. She turned around panting as she wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her forearm.

"Bravo, Minah. Your posture has improved so much," said Namjoon, walking towards her.

"Took you long enough," she said, grabbing a pair of punching pads and chucking it at him. 

They spent the next two hours taking turns, boxing the punching pads. The whole time, Minah couldn't stop thinking about what Namjoon had said earlier about the asassian. As much as she tried to tell herself that he was being ridiculous as per usual, she couldn't shake away the possibility of the person actually being real.

At the end of their session, she tried to make herself leave as quickly as possible. But just before getting out of the door, her legs stopped her from moving. Before she could even force herself out, she turned around and began to speak.

"What was the guy's name again?"

"I don't know who you are talking about," he said in a mocking tone. He smiled at her, knowing fully well that she was beginning to get curious about the asassian.

"Whatever, I will find out on my own," she said as she began to stomp away.

"His name is The Chamelon!" he called after her.

Once she got home, she started doing her research on the name. Her initial thought was she would only end up seeing bunch of information on the animal.

However she was pleasently surprised to see that the asassian had a huge internet popularity as well as having his own significant fanbase.

People seemed to have a lot of respect for him since his targets were evil perpetrators. His way of punishing those immoral people had sparked an online debate, people wondering if his actions were 'just' or hypocritical. 

It fascinated her that people were willing to look up to someone who wasn't even sure to be real. Due to just how much online discussions and articles there was available, she ended up staying in front of her laptop until she fell asleep in front of it.

When she woke up the next day, she resumed her reasearch.

Minah formed a plan. There was a useful forum online that attempted to track The Chameleon's  targets as accurately as possible. Using their information and her own research from other sources, she began to create her own way of tracking his progress. After getting a strong clue of where or who he might be, she was going to plan his next move. She was going to find him in his next mission.

She knew it wasn't going to be easy, she knew it was going to be tedious work. But Minah was determined to find the guy. Partnering with him would make the dream team and they would be able to find Blue in no time.

Then his image of the 'gangster who never dies' will be destroyed. That was how Minah discovered her new purpose.

"Rumour has it that the only time you will see him is when he wants to kill you."

Minah couldn't shake away what Namjoon said from her mind. She couldn't deny the fact that it made her a little anxious. But the anxiety wasn't remarkable enough to make her not want to find him. Her desire to know the asassian's identity was much greater than the fear that she might die in his hands.