Chapter 7: Grabbing A Tiger's Tail

"My foolish Lan" 

Feng gently stroke Wei Lan cheek while she sleep in his arms. 

"So stubborn... so lovely... so mine..."

Pressing a soft kiss on top of her head, he held her protectively. The moment was soon interrupted when Min and Li Xia came back into the room. Min and Li Xia saw Feng holding the sleeping Wei Lan like a princess. Li Xia heart melted at the sight, while Min shook his head with a troubled sigh.

"I will take mei-mei back to Fa Mansion"

Feng had a hand over Wei Lan's exposed ear while he held her closer to his chest. He didn't want to wake her. Seeing his action, Min was amused. It was clear that Feng will not let go of Wei Lan.

"You can go back yourself" Feng said softly, careful not stir the woman in his arms. "Lan will stay here at the Wang Mansion"

"Mei-mei cannot stay here" Min folded his arms. "She is an unwed woman. I will not let others laugh at my mei-mei"

"Who dares to laugh" Feng voice was murderously cold.

"Wang Feng" Min was adamant. "Wei Lan is my mei-mei. As her ge-ge, I will not let her stay at another man's home"

"Wei Lan will stay in my quarter" Elder Wang suddenly appeared.

The refine elder was escorted by her daughter-in-law, Wang Feng's mother. The 2 women sigh as soon as they saw their Wang Feng gently holding the beautiful girl.

"Fa Min, do not worry. No one will offend Wei Lan. She will stays as an honored guest to keep to me company" Elder Wang said gently so that Min could be at ease. "Do not deny this old woman's request"

Min knew Elder Wang was helping her grandson.

"Elder Wang, Fa Min was given strict orders by grandfather to protect mei-mei" Min said firmly, not backing down. "Here in the capital, we are within means. Min and Wei Lan must stay in the Fa family mansion. Fa Min is willing to bring mei-mei here every day to visit Elder Wang – but Fa Min cannot let mei-mei stay here overnight"

"Fa Min, you're pushing your luck" Feng spoke through his teeth.

"Even if I offend you Wang Feng, Fa Min will not back down" Min reached for Wei Lan.

Min knew it was ungentlemanly of him to be rough with an injured person, but he had to stand his ground as Wei Lan's guardian. With Wang Feng's current condition, Min tactically pressed at his injury and was able to easily lifted Wei Lan away.

"Fa Min, you bastard_" Feng coughed as he held onto the wound.

Elder Wang, Li Xia and her mother was not only surprised, they were impressed by Fa Min. The young man had always been honorable and friendly. Many people respected Fa Min for his character. Although it had been an underhanded method, the women respected him even more because he had done it to protect his sister reputation.

"Fa Min!" Feng was still coughing when he stood.

Before he was able to take a step forward, Li Xia held him back.

"Rest well Wang Feng. Fa Min and Wei Lan will visit once grandfather and father arrives to the Capital"

Min carried Wei Lan out Wang Mansion, ignoring Wang Feng murderous roar.

"Mei-mei" Min placed Wei Lan carefully in the carriage. "Min-ge just grabbed a ferocious tiger by the tail... Rest well because Min-ge needs mei-mei help to calm this tiger before he bite Min-ge head off..."

As the carriages drove away from Wang Mansion, Min watched over his sleeping mei-mei.