The Art of Courting- Chapter Nine

Will on the side>>>

The song, People Are Strange by The Doors is there too>>>

The Doors are amazing. Just saying.

Um... This chapter is dedicated to XxraspberryxX. She's written some amazing stories, such as Cat Calls Are, Officially, Racist.

**This chapter does contain SOME course language, but nothing too bad**

CHAPTER NINE

People are strange

When you’re a stranger

Faces look ugly when you’re alone

Women seem wicked

When you’re unwanted

Streets are uneven when you’re down

When you’re strange

Faces come out of the rain

When you’re strange- People Are Strange, The Doors

CHELSEA WASN’T SURE WHY SHE was at the local university. There was an ad in the paper advertizing tours for potential students so, during her double free on Friday that let her out of school early, she headed over to check it out. She didn’t have any intention to go to a college that wasn’t Ivy League, though, which made the whole thing pretty pointless.

It was a nice little school, with a small amount of dorms and reasonable resources. The teachers they had been introduced to were all nice but not very well-known.

To be honest, the only amazing thing about this college is the astronomy department.

“This is the Performing Arts Centre,” the guide droned as they walked. “Now we’re heading towards the cafeteria. I’m starving.”

The cafeteria was in a large brick building that also housed the library and the literature section. As soon as they entered, Chelsea was struck by how much it looked like her own cafeteria. This one was cheaper than the gourmet buffet they had and the people were considerably older than her, but other than that… There were three long tables and the middle one was filled with what Chelsea could only describe as the ‘popular kids’, even though they definitely weren’t kids. The table to the left of them sat the misfits and the musical people- you could tell by the glitter and tattoos- and at the other table were all the nerds.

It was almost identical to her cafeteria. She could even see college students that resembled May and her sitting at an outside table, just like they did at school. The guide ditched their small group of five to sit with a couple of guys at the popular table, leaving them to stand there awkwardly. One of the girls broke away and shyly walked over to the table full of dorky people. They let her sit with them pretty willingly, which wasn’t surprising. The ‘nerds/dorks’ were always the nicest people.

A couple of other people followed the girl’s example but Chelsea just bought a bottle of water and almost ran out. It felt as if some of the students were staring at her for no reason. When she turned around just as she went out the door, she confirmed her theory. People were watching her. But why?

“Um, hi… Do you think I could have your autograph?” someone said suddenly.

Chelsea jumped around and faced a girl with a splattering of freckles across her face. “Sorry?”