04 • Classes And New Hair

As the next day rolled around, Nia was annoyed that she had to go to class. She hated school. Back at the Isle she could do whatever she wanted to. No one forced her to go to such a place that she liked to call hell. It did not make anything better that the class she had was Remedial Goodness 101.

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart?" Their teacher, The Fairy Godmother, asked the group of teenagers.

"Carve out its heart!" The Fairy looked disappointed at the green eyed girl. Every answer she gave was the one that was most evil. But, hey, what could you say? It runs through her blood.

"Mal?" The women was hoping that she would have the right answer. "C, give it a bottle." Heads turned to look at her. "Correct." Fairy Godmother smiled at her. That was like the fifth time she had answered correct. "How do you know this, Mal?" The purple-haired girl turned to Nia. "Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun." She explained to the confused girl. "That makes so much sense." Evie said as she realized it.

Toward the back of the room, a girl walked in. She squeaked as she passed the tables that the villain kids where sitting at, rushing to get to the front. "oh hello, dear one." The fairy greeted her daughter. "Hi." She greeted her back. "You need to sign off an early dismissal for the coronation." She told her mother.

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" The Fairy Godmother asked as she signed Jane's paper. "Mom, no!" Jane hissed at her. "It's okay." She reassured her daughter.

"Hi." You could easily tell that she was very nervous, almost scared. "That's okay, don't mind me."

"Oh, I definitely mind you." Jane spit a small glance at Nia. She was definitely the one that scared her the most.

"Ahem. Let's continue." Fairy Godmother said after her daughter left the room. "You find a vial of poison." Nia hit her head on the table. She was so bored of this goodness learning that she wanted to stab her eyes with forks.

"Do you A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple?" You could easily hear Evie giggle at that choice. "Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?"

Carlos was quick to wave his hand, "Oh! Ooh!" Jay tried to push his hand down. "Get off!"

"Jay." The Fairy called on don't even think about it. "C. You turn it over to the proper authorities." Jay looked so proud over that he answered it correctly, but not Carlos. "I was gonna say that."

"But I said it first." Jay hit back at him. That's when the fighting began again. If Nia could kill them, she would have done it 10 years ago.

When the bell rang, Nia was glad that the lesson was over. She sprinted out of the room, never have been happier to get out from somewhere.

***

Later that day, Nia, Mal and Evie was standing by their lockers. Nia, being who she is, overheard some of the good kids talking.