Chapter 11: The Wedding Date

Five days later, grandfather and Uncle Zedong arrive to the Capital. Wang Feng wasted no time to get the Fa seal on the marriage letter. Because of Wang Feng's high position as general, the emperor and empress must be the first to know and give approval to his marriage before the Wang could send any official invitations out. 

When the capital heard of the great Wang Feng marriage proposal to the young lady of the wealthy Fa Family, the public were stunned. Fa Wei Lan wasn't well known outside of the Jing and Qin Province so people were curious as to who she was. Everyone was curious as to how she manage to catch Wang Feng's attention. The man was well known for his cold temperament and beauty.

"Wang Feng, the honorable general of the imperial palace, on the first full moon of Winter, his royal majesty bestow your matrimony with Fa Wei Lan, daughter of the Fa family"

I was a nervous wreck when the imperial verdict was read. The eunuch had came and announced the royal degree, letting us know the royal family had gave their approval for both the Wang and Fa Family. The wedding date was announced to be on the first moon of winter – exactly within one month. 

As soon as the eunuch left, Wang Feng and his family entered. Elder Wang with a big smile on her face held the wedding invitation for my grandfather to review.

"One month..." 

I had been standing behind my grandfather while he looked over wedding invitation. 

"One month" My grandfather repeated softly before he closed the invitation. "Wei Lan just turned 18 last month... is it not better to wait until spring?"

Feng eyes went cold. The air was suffocating and no one dare to look at the silent general. Elder Wang gave my grandfather a hard glare. 

"Don't be so boorish He Long, we already waited long enough" Elder Wang said haughtily. "We have the royal verdict, so don't give us more unnecessary trouble. Don't forget, we already met your demands, now you cannot refuse the date selected for the children"

Everyone stayed quiet.

"Old man, do you really plan to selfishly hide your lovely granddaughter forever. The heavens will punish you for letting a beautiful flower wilts"

I could see my grandfather's inner conflict while he remain silent.

"Wei Lan" Elder Wang turned to me - her smiles soft and bright. "How do you feel about the wedding date, my dear?"

Now I was conflicted – stuck between 2 important men in my life. Honestly, I agreed with my grandfather, a month is too early. It's only been a few days since Feng and I reunited. But if I denied the date, Feng would be angry. He had been so furious the first time. The memory of him coldly pushing me away and telling me that he will let me go makes my heart hurts. I don't want Feng pushing me away again.

"Wei Lan will comply with what Elder Wang wishes" I said softly – bowing my head to hide my glowing cheeks.

"Good-good" Elder Wang laughs. "He Long, Wei Lan and Feng will wed next month"

I could feel my cheeks redden even more. Glanced at Feng to see him smiling at me, my heart skipped. When grandfather gave a defeat sigh, I sent my silent apologies to him.