Chapter 12: Lantern Festival

Two weeks before the wedding, Wang Li Xia had sent a letter, inviting me to the lantern festival. Naturally, I accepted - excited for the event. When Li Xia came to pick me up, Wang Feng, of course, was right beside her. 

Li Xia had wore a lovely pink dress with her usual white veil hat. Her handsome older brother wore a black and gold robe with his general silver seal and tassel hanging at his hip. His long hair is tied up and held by the blue phoenix stick - the same one I currently wore. In his hand, he held a veil hat similar to Li Xia. When Feng stepped forward and reached for my hand, I went willingly to his side. Standing tall before me, I watched as he placed the hat over my head. The confusion in my eyes made him chuckle. 

"Lan's beauty is only for Wang Feng's eyes"

I blushed as he reached inside the veil to touch my cheeks. Fortunately, no one but Feng saw how red my cheeks were. 

"It seems like we're forgotten again, Li Xia" Min voice brought me out of my daze.

Seeing my cousin playful grin and Li Xia giggles, I felt embarrassed. Every time I'm with Wang Feng, I seem to lose all thoughts. Feng smirked at Min and Li Xia before taking my hand and lead me to the large carriage. 

The carriage took the four of us to main center of the capital where the lantern festival took place. The streets were filled with painted lanterns. Many types of concession stalls filled both side of the street while people leisurely browse through. There were even several small stages set up throughout the streets with varies performance like dance, play, or puppetry. 

Feng helped me down the carriage while I took in the sight. I never seen so many people gathered in one place. The Capital city appears more grand and opulent at times of celebration like these. 

"Stay close to me"

I look up at Feng as he intertwined our hands together. Keeping close to his side, Feng led me down the busy street.

"Feng-ge, why are you monopolizing Wei Lan to yourself? Li Xia was the one who invited her to the festival"

I had been immersed by Feng's attention that I completely forgotten about Li Xia and Min who were following behind us. I had wanted to stop and go to Li Xia, but Feng continued to walk forward with tight hold on my hand. 

"Feng-ge!"

Hearing Li Xia upset tone, I took hold his sleeve with my free hand. Giving into my silent request, Feng stopped so that Li Xia and Min could catch up to us.

"Feng-ge you big jerk"

Before I could placate Li Xia, a beautiful clear voice called out for Wang Feng. We all turned to see a beautiful figure, dressed in pure white with a white hat veil that hide her face and parts of her stunning ankle length silk black hair. Behind her were 2 very stunning maids, both in pale green dresses. Beside her was a tall young man in dark green and silver robe. If wasn't for the visible adam apple, I would believe he was a female in disguise.

"Chen Hua Lan greets Wang Feng, Wang Li Xia"

My heart instantly dropped when I heard her name.