Chapter Eleven: The Date

Chapter 11 – The Date

You clutch the wheel of your car tightly as you drive slightly above the speed limit, desperately trying to get home. You had previously rushed into the pizzeria after what you had heard, yelled a goodbye and grabbed your bag, then proceeding to run out. You weren't sure what you expected Alex to do if he caught you, but you didn't really want to find out. There was no doubt in your mind that he would ask about it on the date later. You pull into your apartment parking lot, parking the car into your assigned spot before hopping out, locking it quickly and strolling towards your building. You feel your shoulders finally relax from their tense position in which they had been stuck in since you had gotten into the car.

Your phone beeps from your side and you glance over at it, seeing Alexs name pop up on the screen. You sigh and choose to ignore it, deciding to answer it when you get back home.

***

You flop onto your couch with a sigh, deciding that it's finally time to answer Alexs text

------

Alex: Hey! Are we still on for tonight?

Y/n: If you still are sure, sorry I left early

Alex: It's no biggie... I'll be round bout' seven, like I said

Y/n: I had a call from my landlord and had to go, but yeah, see you then

Alex: See you, Princess

-----

"Well he doesn't seem to think that it was me" You mumble, raking a hand through your hair before glancing at the clock hanging on your wall

5:58pm

"Two hours" You mutter before sitting up. You stand, going into your room before flopping onto the chair at your desk, turning on your computer in the process. Slouching in the seat, you grab the wireless mouse and click on the Overwatch icon once the computer booted up.

The rest of the hour was spent with you yelling at the screen every time you died.

***

You groan and finally rage quit out of the game, sighing in frustration as you check the time. 6:39pm

"Holy crap" You run a hand through your hair with a panicked expression "I lost track of time" You turn to glare at your computer "We'll finish this later" You say accusingly, putting all of the blame on it before running to your closet and throwing open the doors, starting to shift through the clothes lying inside.

Eventually you decide on a pair of low cut black ripped jeans with a black tank top which two strings crossing over one-another at the bottom. You move to the bathroom and put on a light foundation along with concealer here and there, grabbing some eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow you swiftly apply a warm autumn brown to your eyes with a defined crease. Taking the eyeliner you start to attempt a wing, failing many times before you get them both right with the help of face tape. Finishing it off, you drag the mascara across your eyelashes and step back with a satisfied glance at yourself in the mirror. As one last touch, you drag your hair out of its ponytail and ruffle it before brushing it out, letting it go into its natural state.

Lipstick? You wonder before shaking your head "Too sticky, it'll come off anyway when we eat" You reason and walk out just as you hear the buzzer to your apartment door go off, signalling that someone arrived. Your eyes widen and grab your phone, apartment keys and pull on some Bandage Sandal shoes, getting the second one on just as you reach the door.