xliii. "i'm sad"

"COME ON, TOMMY, PICK UP," she muttered as she waited for her boyfriend to pick up her call. It had been hours since Clementine walked out on her and she didn't want to come home, so she decided to crash on her two best friends' apartment. Vasilisa was busy, promoting her new song and her upcoming album, and Natasha was doing the third Descendants film, so she was alone.

As she was about to give up, Tom answered the call. "Hey, love, what's up?"

"I'm sad," she mumbled, but it was enough for Tom to hear.

"What? Why?" He asked, obviously worried for the girl.

"Okay, remember the thing that made Clementine and I drift apart?"

"Yeah?"

She sighed, "It was because of this boy named Daniel. I liked him a lot but I didn't know how to approach him, yanno? But then I found out he was dating Clementine, which made him and I close, and I was... I was okay with that, you know? But then," she paused, remembering the exact moment that led to her and her cousin's fallout, "then I found out one night in this party that he was only using her to get to me. Of course, I was happy he liked me back— but he was with Clementine, I can't be with him. I couldn't... I couldn't do that to her, Tom, I would never want to hurt her. She was like— like a sister. She was my best friend," she explained, "but then he kissed me, and I kissed back. I thought she wasn't there, but she was, and that's when everything all went down."

"So she got mad at you? She didn't let you explain at all?"

"Nope." She shook her head as if Tom could see her. "Told me she didn't want to see me ever again," she chuckled bitterly, shaking her head lightly.

"I thought you two were okay again?"

"Yeah, I thought so too," she said, "but turns out she still can't get over what hapoened five years ago. It was my fault, anyway." She mumbled the last part, not really wanting Tom to hear it, but he did.

"Hey, it isn't your fault, okay? Daniel was the one that used her, not you. You didn't know. If she had let you explain, she would have known how much she meant to you," he said, easing her mind a little bit, making her smile weakly.

"That's what Arden always told me."

"Because it's true. So cheer up, okay?"

"Okay."

The sound of the door opening made Psyche turn her head to see whonit was and saw Natasha who was holding a box of pizza. "Hey, get off your phone, Lisa's coming home in a fee minutes and we're having a pizza party!" Natasha told her, making her laugh ag how excited the blonde looked.

"Will do," Psyche nodded.

"Talk to you later?" Tom asked.

"Yeah, yeah, thanks, Tom. I lo— I'll, uh, talk to you later." She hung up, hoping he didn't realize what she was almost about to say.

"Nice save," Natasha said, which made her furrow her eyebrows. "'I lo' and 'I'll, uh' sound almost the same," the blonde shrugged, "so nice save."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Psyche said before tossing her phone on the couch beside her and standing up to walk towards the kitchen.

"Yeah, whatever you say, Psyche," Natasha teased. Psyche laughed and rolled her eyes, already forgetting about what happened with Clementine a few hours ago.

so das what happened 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️