╟ Chapter 102: Under the Sea ╢

You were sitting on the small bench circling around the mast, reading Anita's last letter with Steven laying casually beside you. You only had the time to respond to three letters from her through those two years, since the voyage between Shakyasimha and Rogueport is a long one. The wooden doll could drift on the ocean by creating a raft of vines, and move by using his arms that he transforms into leaves.

Dear (y/n),

I'm feeling more better than two years ago. Moitra developed so many weapons by the time you will read this letter. I'm so proud of him, and you would be too if you were here! Maybe....Just maybe I'm going in the right way. My illness isn't stopping me anymore from going outside, shopping, or even trying to find love again. Of course, I can already see you with that expression of yours telling off to any men who dare try to court me. You would certainly chain me to my bedpost than seeing me going on a date.

It's good to see you back with them. It shows me how you changed since the day Luffy took you in his crew. I hope you can call them 'friends', even if you will never admit it out loud....or to yourself. Which leads me to think, do you have someone you love?

Anita.

You blinked at those words, staring at the letter with wide eyes. They shifted to your comrades who were doing different things, but mostly watching the serenity under the sea. Various fishes of different kinds that visited you, staring at you in mid curiosity before swimming away promptly.

Someone that you love.

"The splendor of nature! It feels like my eyeballs will pop out with surprise! Though I do not have eyeballs. Yohohoho!" you heard Brook said, and you rolled your eyes.

"I've already seen it" said Zoro with an almost bored tone, expression matching.

"Yeah, 'cause you got on the wrong ship!" barked Sanji next to him. "Let us be in awe here!"

"I can hardly believe that the roots stretch all the way to the ocean floor" spoke with amazement Robin, gazing down from the railing. "They're so big, I'm speechless"

You stood up from the bench and headed to the left to gaze at the wonders of the sea. You chuckled as Chopper tried to imitate two fishes with puffed cheeks, only to exhale deeply for failing. Usopp was walking backward, eyeing in panic at something swimming by your ship:

"There's something behind those trees!" he said, and as the reindeer stared in the same direction as him, he screamed.

"IT'S HUMONGOUS!" shouted the doctor at the giant fish passing behind the Sunny.

"I'm so excited! An adventure beneath the sea!" grinned Luffy. "It's like a dream! OH, FISH!"