44 | PROPOS AND GUNFIRE

SONG SUGGESTION: World On Fire (feat

SONG SUGGESTION: World On Fire (feat. Ashe) by Louis The Child

Holding a gun was strange for Greyson. The way she only had to aim and pull a trigger made her feel deadly. She felt her fingers itch to feel the coarse string from her bow as she forced an arrow in between her fingers. She hated guns, not because of how dangerous they were – anybody could be dangerous, with not only the weapon they wield, but with their words. She hated that it made killing just that much more easy. She believed that if you were willing to take a life, innocent or poisoned, you had to work for it. Pulling a trigger made it seem like she was a Peacekeeper, even if there was no peace in the shattering glass that flew everywhere as each bullet hit the windowpanes.

When she was done, she gave her gun to Pollux and told him to do whatever he wanted with it. Her bow was where she left it, sitting there and making her feel as if she abandoned a lost puppy. Finnick walked beside Gale and Katniss walked alongside Greyson, all of them remaining quiet as Cressida was watching the footage she shot with the camera team.

At that point, Greyson couldn't have cared less about what they shot. She only cared about seeing Snow in a jail cell, and possibly executed; if she was lucky enough.

Greyson could see Peeta sitting with a group of soldiers from Thirteen, Jackson among them. She knew they were talking, about what, she didn't know. Katniss had told her that Jackson had created a game called 'Real or Not Real', to help Peeta understand the difference between what he was forced to believe and what was true, that was usually followed by a short explanation.

"Most of the people from Twelve were killed in the fire," Peeta assumed.

"Real. Less than nine hundred of you made it to Thirteen alive." Jackson clarified.

"The fire was my fault." He spoke lowly.

"Not real," Jackson shook her head, "President Snow destroyed Twelve the way he did Thirteen, to send a message to the rebels."

Greyson glanced at Katniss for a sign of emotion, but she knew beforehand that Katniss was the master of hiding her true feelings, no matter how much she was breaking on the inside.

The game was played quite often with Peeta. Everyone was given a shift with him, Greyson and Finnick were accompanied with a Thirteen soldier, as were Katniss and Gale. During their nighttime conversations, Greyson would occasionally explain to Peeta what Snow had done to her and why he had done it, but most of the time he would ask Finnick and her about both of his Games. Greyson didn't know much about the first besides what she saw on the television, and it was obvious that she knew a lot more about the Quarter Quell.