Chapter 19: No Longer Mad

In the restaurant, we sat in a private room. Sitting beside Feng, I was embarrassed with his hold on my hand. Wang Feng had his elbow on the table while he was leaning his cheek in his palm. I was eating a moon cake, trying hard not to blush while Feng was staring at me. I could feel my cheeks burning while Min and Li Xia were sitting in front of us, observing me with a knowing smile.

"Mei-mei, does this mean you're not mad at Min-ge anymore?"

I nearly choke on the moon cake.

"W_ Wei Lan was ne_ never mad at Min-ge_" I shuttered.

Feng let go of my hand to hold my red cheek. His cheek was still on his palm as he lazily sat beside me. With his hand now on my cheek, he used his thumb to wipe at the crumbs on my lips.

"Lan is no longer mad at Feng?" Feng said with a small teasing smile.

"W_ Wei Lan_" My face went bright red.

Unable to answer him, I stuff my mouth with another the moon cake.

 "Lan is no longer mad at Feng?" He continues to push. 

I was too embarrassed to look at him. Instead, I shook my head no with my eyes down on the table. Hearing them laugh, I fought the urge to cover my face.

"Li Xia is so relieved" Li Xia let out a sighed and smiles at me. "I was worried since last night_"

"Li Xia" Feng sharp warning stopped Li Xia.

I understood that Feng doesn't want any reminder of what made me so upset in the first place.

"Wei Lan" Li Xia quickly changes the subject. "Will you come to Wang Mansion tomorrow?"

I looked at Li Xia - curious with the reason.

"Grandmother and mother want to see you" Li Xia giggled softly and said with a teasing smile, similar to her brother. "The red bridal dress finally arrived to the Wang Mansion. Grandmother and mother want to make sure the measurement is perfect. They asked that Wei Lan to try it on"

Just like that, I went beet red.

"I will bring mei-mei early in the morning then" Min chuckled. "Surely, we will follow Elder Wang's order"

While Min and Li Xia teasingly smile at me, I continued to stuff my mouth with moon cakes. 

"Lan" Feng touched my cheek with the back of his long finger. "Lan in the bridal dress... I'm sure no one could ever compare"

He took the half eaten cake from my hand and set it back on the plate. Feng didn't care that Min and Li Xia was in the room with us and pulled me into his embrace. He held me to comfort and ease my nervousness. I couldn't shake off his touch or tenderness. No longer fighting, I leaned against his strong chest with closed eyes.

I was in love with Wang Feng – no one else would ever do.