twelve

i like ur face

ok well i am back from washington but don't get ur hopes up. this'll probably be ur last decent chapter for a while since, if you read my post and/or my last authors note, i get my report card tomorrow and my laptop will be taken for a week at least, if not way way way more. i want to apologize ahead of time if that does happen

while i was in d.c. i hit 46 thousand reads and i swear to god it makes my heart die a bit but im ok but like on my last chapter i got more than 200 comments (which i guess makes sense bc luke masturbation but still) i can't even understand how it got so big but like ah you guys srsly make me so happy i couldn't be here without you or camille, who is the first founder of a5. i love each and every one of you and your comments i swear to god make me laugh so hard. though some of you are so irrelevant half the time i have no clue what you're talking about

just wanted to say thank you again! btW I'D LIKE TO ASK WHAT THE HELL SQUISHY MEANS BC ONE OF YOU WAS LIKE "FAME HAS CHANGED SQUISHY" AND EVERYONE SAID YAAAA AND I WAS LIKE WHAT

»

"Um."

Emma stood stock still as she still leaned against the door of his bedroom. Luke had used some Germ-X to make her feel less like she'd be getting his cooties on her. He sat on his head and stared at her. She smiled weakly and slowly moved towards the bed, careful not to sit where he was sitting. That'd be even more disgusting.

Luke bumped knees with her. "This is awkward."

She stared at him incredulously, biting on her cheek before darting her gaze back down to the floor where a pair of Batman boxers lay. "I just caught you jacking off," she stated before clearing her throat. "How would you like it to be? Happy-go-lucky and sunshine and daisies?" He nodded.

"That'd be better than you acting like I'm diseased or something," he said sadly, staring at the space between them before looking up at her. "If you want to go home or something, that's cool. I wouldn't blame you, Em, but I don't really want you t-"

Luke didn't have the chance to finish his sentence as they were interrupted by, "ASHTON ASHTON ASHTON!" very loudly.

The pair jumped at the sudden sound of a voice outside of their door after the front door to their flat closed, obviously meaning Ashton had gotten home from wherever he was. Luke's face sparked with panic before he jumped up and threw his bedroom door open, Emma chasing after him. It was all a blur of running when Luke tackled Calum, the source of the screaming. Ashton stood in alarm at the front, half way into the kitchen where Michael was still sitting, though done with his food.

"ASHTON, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE-"

A large hand was thrown over Calum's mouth and Luke threw the black haired boy onto the couch, himself atop of him. They both landed on the blue velvety fabric, a knot of limbs and mumbles. "I swear to God almighty, Cal, if you say one more thing about it while Emma's here I will cut your dick off," he growled. Emma's eyes widened before she bursted into laughter, her shrill laughter that sliced through the air startling all four boys. Michael was the first to join the laughter, having Calum already told him yet it was just still funny.

Luke pulled his mate him, his hand still on his mouth. The purple haired boy asked if Calum was alright to remove his hand and not screech about the prior incident. He nodded adorably, to which Emma couldn't help but swoon over. His large eyes squeezed shut as he giggled against Luke's hand.

Finally, Luke moved his hand, and all was silent . . . for a minute. "EMMA WALKED IN ON LUKE WANKING." In a matter of seconds the room was in hysterics, Michael was on the floor and Ashton'd dropped his bags. Calum had fallen back onto the couch and Luke looked as if he was about to murder someone and their puppy. However, Emma had no clue what to do, so she stood there for a moment, before letting out a squeal of laughter, holding her knees to help from falling over. Luke watched her in shock, not expecting that response.

Calum ran over to her and pointed to her before laughing again, tears forming at the corner of his eyes. Michael and Ashton somehow made their way into the living room, sitting on the couch and recliner, laughing at Luke, who still wasn't laughing.

"I," Luke began, and everyone's guffaws died down, "am going to kill you." Everything was silent for a minute total, before Calum ran, opening the front door and making a break for it. But don't get your hopes up, Luke was hot on his heels. Emma stood there hopelessly, looking at the other two left for some sort of assistance.

"I think you'll be good for Luke," Ashton said in all seriousness. She cocked her head to the side, moving to sit on the edge of the couch, not too far form Michael. "He's not into the whole serious thing and when he's into a girl, it usually lasts about a half a month and it's over. But every time you text him back he has to narrate the whole conversation." She didn't know what to say.

Michael nodded his pink head, looking from Emma to Ashton in agreement. "Yeah, I don't think he's fully gotten it through his head that he needs to grow the hell up," he chuckled but she could tell he was completely serious.

"This is a lot to lay on me," she pointed.

Ash shrugged. "It's true, though. He told us that you haven't dated much, either, so you can't be one to break his heart or anything like that," he said as her face turned into a deep red. "And since you seem pretty cool I think if he hurts you in any way shape or form, we'll beat him to a pulp."

She smiled, knowing coming here was pretty good after all. His friends were awesome, all of them funny and nice. Not to mention their dedication to their friend. That definitely spoke colors to her. She especially liked Calum, he seemed like a really cool person to be friends with. As she reassessed how this visit was going, Calum bolted into the apartment, looking around desperately before his big brown eyes landed on Emma. He picked her up violently and held her in front of him. Not too long after, Luke stormed in.

"You've got," he breathed, panting from the running, "to be kidding me. You know I can't hurt you with her there." Emma smirked, and Calum giggled, holding her to his chest confidently.

"No, you can't." He did a little dance, taking her wrists in his and moving her hands in a little jig. Her cheeks hurt from smiling so hard as she looked at Luke in pride. "What are you gonna' do, Hemmo? You can't hurt your precious girlfriend, so are you going to go cry in the corner?"

Emma ignored the girlfriend comment, putting her hands - and his - on her hips and snorted. "Or you could just go wank."

Luke's three friends let out a chorus of applause and cheers for the comeback, Ash saying he loved her already. His face turned bright red before he groaned and stomped into his bedroom, making Calum's sweaty fingers release her wrists. She turned to the boys, giving all of them a high five before running into his bedroom, to find him playing on his phone.

He put it down as she walked in. "You know we were just playing with you, right?" Emma asked and he nodded, sighing. She sat down on his bed and he moved towards her. "Are you mad because of what I said?" Luke shook his head.

"Nah. They're just trying to embarrass me in front of you because they know I like you," he muttered before he could stop himself. She blushed and stood up, taking his hands in hers and pulling him up, before wrapping her arms around his waist. "What are you doing."

She pressed her cheek against his chest, taking in a breath of his boyish smell, like mint and a chocolatey cologne. "Because you didn't hug me when I arrived since you were off-"

"Shut up."