55. That Moment.

If Dick didn't want to be found, where would he go?

The question is really simply to answer, but of course not everyone would think of it.

-=-

Strolling down the streets with nothing better to do than walk, Dick found himself in front of an hospital. His eyes flashed as stared at the entrance, pulling out his phone and clicking on speed dial. "Hey, Roy,"

"Dick, where are you? What's wrong?" The panicked voice of the archer rang out of the speaker.

The thirteen year old winced at the volume of his voice. "I'm heading to the manor," he lied smoothly. "How's KF?"

"Oh, he's at the hospital."

"Which one?"

"Grace something, not sure."

"You left him alone?" Dick asked worriedly.

"He's fine," Roy chuckled.

"I know I'm going to die." The acrobat spoke up suddenly, after a moment of silence.

"Dick who-"

"Tell Bruce I won't be coming home tonight."

Before Roy could protest, the boy cut the call, walking into Rhode Grace Hospital. It was time to check up on his best friend.

-=-

Hacking into the hospital's system to check Wally's room number wasn't exactly legal, but it was for a good cause. The whole sneaking around thing didn't really make the bat feel better, but he didn't want anyone seeing him here.

Finally, heaving a sigh of relief as he stared at the door in front of him, he moved to open it only to find a pair of green eyes staring at him. Dick fell backwards, shocked as the door gave way.

Naturally, on a good day Dick would have caught himself, and on a better day, Wally would have been able to catch him. But today was today and they both fell together, both groaning on impact.

"I always knew you'd fall for me." The young Grayson couldn't help but laugh.

The speedster grimaced, untangling his hands from his friend's waist. "I think you have a problem," he scoffed. "You're the one who made me fall, you sicko."

"Excuses," Dick stuck out his tongue, inevitably licking Wally's cheek.

"Dude!" The ginger haired teen frozen, watching passively as Dick danced away into his hospital room before he could strangle him. "I will kill you."

And all the bat did was laugh as the speedster stormed into room and shut the door behind him. "I'm surprised you're here." Wally crossed his arms, not that Dick could see it.

"I'm glad you're okay," Batman's apprentice said seriously, his back to his friend. "If anything happened to you because of me then I don't know what I'd do, because if I lost you then-"

Dick's convoluted speech was cut off by a hug from from behind as his ginger haired companion grinned cheekily. "I know I'm an awesome best friend, you should buy me dinner instead of all this sappy talk!"

In that moment Dick smiled, Wally always knew how to scam him out of food. "I'm going to crash at your place tonight." The boy said slowly, turning around to face the freckled teen.

Wally grinned widely. "Mi casa es tu casa."

"I still have to buy you dinner don't I?"

"Do you want me to tell Bruce you're here?" His friend held him by the shoulders, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Do that and I'll tell Roy you snuck out of the hospital." Dick shot back, shrugging Wally's hands off him.

The speedster hissed as though he was in pain, pressing both hands to his chest. "How you wound me."

Dick huffed, lightly kicking his friend's shin as he made his way to the door. Wally hopped around on one foot, a pitiful look plastered on his face as he pouted. "Why do you like hurting me?"

The boy shrugged. "I guess I'm a sadist."

Wally frowned as Dick slid open the door, forgetting about his nonexistent pain. "Dude, where are you going?"

Dick paused, then turned around to flash his freckled friend a grin. "We're splitting the bill in half."

Wally's eyes went wide and practically glowed as he tackled his friend in a hug. "I love you bro, do you know that."

The thirteen year old grimaced. "I feel used."

"I would never use you!" Wally cried out, aghast.

"Then what do you call this?"

"You're the one using me!"

"Just get off me Wally."

The speedster frowned. "Why?"

And Dick found that he couldn't even bring himself to reply, so he only sighed.

"Sigh all you want birdy, we both know you love me."

The raven haired child grinned. "You're full of yourself!"

"No, I'm hungry!" Wally cried pitifully and Dick could only sigh.

"Get off me Wally."

"I'm tired." He whined.

"Fine," Dick groaned. "I'll pay for the entire meal... You're so heavy!"

"Did you just call me fat?"

"Ugh!"

"Dick," Wally wiped away an imaginary tear. "I'm hurt that you think this way, especially after we've been through so much together."

"Wally,"

"I even took a bullet for you."

Dick pulled on his friend's hair in irritation. "You're not fat okay!"

"Yay!" The speedster grinned happily, getting off the bird.

Dick glared at his friend. "Sometimes I swear you have a screw loose."

"Says the guy who hacked into an hospital just to see little ol' me."

"Wally."

"I'm touched!"

"No, that's where you're wrong," Dick grinned. "You're just crazy."

-
Aw, Dick looks happy here. But not for long😈

So yes, I have updated hmmmm.

Moving on, which of you enjoy AUs where Dick is Catwoman's apprentice? Well, Calico is the king of all things sass in "Stray Cat" by EmmaLemmaLlamma.