Chapter Thirteen

Justin was able to make Clarence forget that morning. Made her feel like she was okay like the world was not after her, and she could be happy. He showed her the sunrise she had forgotten, but he could not fix her in one morning. No one can fix her, or that's what she thought.

She looked towards her clock, 2:46 am.

Justin cannot be here to make her forget, because he cannot be here all the time. He cannot save her from the thoughts that she possesses. She slowly slipped from her bed, and made her way to the mirror that sat next to her dresser.

It showed a foul mess. Her hair was all over the place, her eyes were red, and her face was distorted into sadness. Her shirt show-cased all the scars from her arm, and all her pain.

"You had a nightmare?" A man sat on a little girl's bed as tears fell on the bedding.

"Y-yeah." Her voice was quiet, and terrified.

"Want to hear what my daddy told me to do when I feel sad or scared?" The little girl nodded as she hugged her teddy bear closer, "Count to four Mississippi to calm down, and then the monsters will disappear."

"One Mississippi."

"Come on, you can do it." He held onto her handle bars as she cried to him.

"Please, don't let me go!" Terror over took the little girl's voice

"Trust me, I would never hurt you." His calm voice soothed the oncoming storm inside of her.

"Two Mississippi."

"What did you say to me?" His voice was bitter, and it caused a shiver to run up the girl's back.

"She is gone, daddy. This won't help her or you!" As if this argument was one you could win, and her father still had his heart.

"Three Mississippi."

"You're such a fucking bitch!" He screamed into her face as he slammed her into a wall.

"I-I c-can't-" Her fingers pulled at his hands chocking her, but he just laughed.

"Four Mississippi."

He sat at the kitchen table drinking his coffee as Clarence entered. He glanced up at her, and just glared.

"M-Morning, dad." Her voice whispered, "Did you sleep well?"

"Fine. Make sure dinner is done by six, got it?" His voice was still bitter, and his glare never faulted.

She tried to show the mirror a smile, but she had forgotten how. She put her hand against the mirror as if to reassure herself that this person is in fact her. A hand covered her mouth as she stood horrified.

"What do you do when that doesn't work?" Her voice broke as she spoke, and her tears ran freely. She slid against the mirror as she wept.

"Clarence, could you stay after class for a minute?" Her math teacher asked as everyone packed up. She slowly nodded as the other kids laughed in her direction.

When everyone started to leave, she made her way to the front of the class.

"Clarence, I notice that you have marks on your arms?"

She rubbed her tears away as she slowly stood up, "It's my fault."

She made her way out of her room into the hallway

"One Mississippi." She felt the walls to know where she was as she walked.

"I thought you loved me!" His voice screamed at her.

"Two Mississippi." She felt the bathroom handle.

"You can't take him away! He's the only thing I have!" Her voice rang into the officers ears.

"Three Mississippi." She finally made it to Faith's room.

"Don't you ever even think of me again." He spat towards her.

"Four Mississippi." She slowly pushed the door open, and walk through it.

"Clarence, I'm never going to let anyone hurt you again." Faith whispered into her ear as she hugged Clarence.

"Faith, can I sleep with you tonight?" Her voice almost sounded as broken as her, almost.

"Of course, sweetie." She gave her a small smile in her sleepy faze. Clarence smiled as she climbed into bed, and closed her eyes.

"But daddy, what if counting doesn't work?" Her voice was laced with fear, and sleepiness.

"Then you find someone to help to break your sadness."

Hey guys! I found that song, and it gave me this idea for this chapter! I really want to show how much her Aunt means to her, and how much her Aunt has helped her, because I think you don't see that.

Anyways, I realized I have a lot of great people reading that vote and comment a lot. I saw this idea on a few stories so I wanted to give it a try! I'm going to do three shout outs a chapter now on! @jeffsangel002 @krissa1110 @falloutsmoshwinston

Anyways, have a lovely day, and if you are feeling generous, please leave a vote/comment.