CHAPTER 35

We finally reach the door that leads to Rex and Sam oh and Grey.

"Now you can do whatever you like to Rex just not Sam though ok." I tell her

I reach my hand out and twist the doors cold sliver handle and push opening up the room.

Mikayla makes a surprised gasp and looks around. The first two she finds are grey who is sleeping in the corner of the room with a care free face and Sam who starts glaring at me.

Mikayla turns around and she furrows her eyebrow in shock as if to say where is he.

I nod my head towards him watching every move she makes.

"Mikayla honey I know you didn't mean to steal from me I'll forgive you if you just come back to me. I'll forget about everything you've done." Rex said oblivious to my being here as soon as he saw her.

Mikayla looked over at me with sheer shock and horror and back at Rex.

"You'll forgive me even though I spent it all?" She said her voice like trickled honey as if she will break down into tears.

"Yes, yes I will all you have to do is let me out and come home with me." His tone suggested much more than that and Mikayla looked around the room before finding the keys on the table.

I wasn't going to stop her, even though I did promise I would kill Rex. but if Mikayla wants him set free for his last few days then that's fine with me.

"Ok" She unlocked the door and went inside.

She went Out of view into the cell all I could hear was the keys jingling and then a hard slap. And that was when I broke, I tore over there ready to end his life right then for laying his hand on Mikayla. But to my surprise Mikayla was the one with the raised fist and Rex still chained up with a red mark across his face.

"You fucking bastard! How dare you think I'm dumb enough to fall for your crap. And to be your mate again well I'd rather die you sick prick. I can still remember the smell of the perfume on you when you first cheated on me 2 years ago, I can remember the alley way sent stuck to your clothes and see the whores lipstick smudges all down your neck! You want me to come back to that. No I'd rather find my second mate out there even if I'm in my bloody 120's."

Rex snarls at Mikayla leaning in towards her making the chains start to whine under his pressure.

Mikayla punches him hard in the face and then cries out in pain as a reflex.

"I Mikayla ford reject Rex Barton as my mate now and in the future of the midnight light pack." She says before walking out and handing me the keys to lock him up.

She looks at me before making a bold statement.

"I also reject this pack now and forever to be guided under Jessica as my new alpha."

I dropped the keys in shock by what she had just done she left her pack severing the bonds that would give her the most traumatic pain she could ever experience and declared that I am now her alpha even though I am female. She looks at me and smiles softly a smile hoping that I would accept I stare at her in shock and awe by what she had just done as a searing pain throbbed on my neck Branding me an alpha female of a rouge pack. The intricate designs of maple leaves in the forms of water fire earth and wind made their way down to my shoulders Branding me for life. Don't get me wrong Idea I was angry but I never felt so loved apart from my parents and before my brother left. Tears welled in my eyes.

I gave her a shaky nod to dismiss her to go lie down and to pretty much get some sleep because she won't for a while and waited until she left.

I hadn't noticed Rex's furious screaming and shouting and inflicting pain of his other half being torn away from him like Sam had done to me.

This was the perfect way to extract my revenge on Sam.

I turned to Sam who stared right into my eyes his face gone pale from what he knew was going to come next.

Even though Mikayla didn't need Rex to say he rejected her because he lost the right to in the duel. Didn't mean she wouldnt go through any pain.

I walked over to Rex's cell.

"Shut up you whining baboon youre going to want to hear this next part."

I said locking the barred door.

I walked back over to Sam his head shaking begging me not to do it in public.

No one knew his dirty little secret about us.

Grey by now was obviously awake and watching me with intensity.

I open the door and walk right up to Sam. I am far too tired to do anything else tonight other than what I was about to do right now.

"You don't want to do this Jess" he says as I walk right up to him

"It'll hurt you more than it will hurt me" he said trying to search for a way out any excuses for me not to do it. so, no one would hear.

"Oh, I dont think it will."

I said.

"Jess come quick somethings wrong with Mikayla" Max came running down to tell me panic etched onto his face.

My heart dropped just as the keys did in my hand as I ran up the stairs to get to her leaving Max with Sam.