Twelve

7:30

 It had been two hours, and Phil was still asleep. Dan had spent his time pacing the flat, turning on the lights when it had started getting dark.

  Why is he sleeping so long? He said he was only taking a nap. These are the thoughts that plagued him all evening.

  7:35 pm

  Dan went into the kitchen, deciding to go ahead and get some food. Otherwise, he would just go to bed without eating. Opening the fridge, he pulled out some ingredients and started tossing them all together into a pan. He usually didn't bother with cooking, but he was too anxious and had to do something to keep busy.

  Once finished, Dan sat at the table and started shoveling food into his mouth, not even registering the taste.

  7:45

  Dan took a shower.

                  **************

  At 8:00 pm, Dan decided to go and wake Phil up because he didn't like being in the  flat alone.

  He walked into the bedroom and gasped.

  Phil was laying in only his boxers, the covers tangled at his feet. He was facing the door and Dan watched his chest rise and fall rhythmically. His dark black hair covered half of his sleeping face.

  How the hell is he so sexy asleep? Dan thought. He wanted nothing more than to climb into bed next to him and bury his face into that black hair.

  At that point, Dan didn't care anymore. Taking off his shirt and throwing it on the floor, he slid in next to Phil and pulled the covers over both of them, hesitating before slowly wrapping his arms around him.

  Phil groaned, and Dan tensed up.

  "Dan?" Phil said, slow and tired. "What're you doin'?"

  Hell, that was sexy. "I just...um." he stuttered. Phil sat up and Dan did the same, dropping his arm from Phil's waist. Phil rubbed his eyes and yawned. "Sorry for waking you." Dan mumbled. Phil smiled.

  "Don't worry about it, but... why are you in here with me? Not being rude or anything, just.. "

  Dan sighed. "Yeah, well, uh... see, you know how I told you I don't like the dark? Well, it's more like... I'm scared of the dark, Phil. Really scared." He had to come up with something, he didn't want to seem like a creep. He closed his eyes and waited for Phil to say something, anything.

  After a moment, he said, "It's okay, Dan, I'm not gonna judge you."

  "I wasn't worried about that, it's just, I didn't want to seem silly, a 20 year old man scared of the dark. I mean, I used to sleep in my parents bed until I was 18." That was the truth, but he had no idea why he had told Phil.

  Phil laughed. "Hey, I'm 22, and I'm scared of horror movies. We've all got secrets, nothing to be shamed of."

  Dan smiled at him. "You're literally the only person who's understood. Most people just... tease me about it."

  Phil smiled back, then laid back onto the bed, pulling the covers up to his chin. "Well, come on then. I was having a nice dream before you came and woke me up." he giggled.

  Dan crawled under the blanket as well, curled up in the warmth of Phil's body heat. Dan was just drifting off when he felt an arm wrap around his hips. He tensed up as Phil's body came closer to his, his breath fanning across Dan's shoulder blades.