Messing Around

A/N: Also dedicated to lucky_99 because I was in a bad mood and didn't want to update all that much until I saw their nice comments. :)

After another sleepless night I woke up to go to school. I had just finished getting ready when I heard Aaron honk outside. I scurried passed Adam and Chace- I had no idea why he was here anyway. He had brought his own car with him- and into the driveway. I looked up to see a brand new black Lexus, instead of Aaron’s usual silver Jeep Wrangler.

I walked to the window, expecting to hear my friend freak out about his new ride, but then I saw Jake sitting in the driver’s seat. I guess it wasn't Aaron honking for me. 

I would've rather seen Aaron.

He smirked when he noticed me and swung the passenger side door open for me without moving from his seat. I leaned half my body in to talk with him.

“What are you doing here?” I hissed.

He didn’t look phased at all as he smiled, “I’m picking you up.”

I glared at him, “Aaron picks me up for school, and I’m pretty sure you already knew that.”

“What if Aaron couldn’t pick you up today?” he inquired.

“Oh my god, what did you do to Aaron!” I exclaimed worriedly.

His eyes got wide when he realized what I just said and he dropped the cool act for a minute, “No! No, Aaron’s fine. I didn’t touch him!”

I let out a breath of relief and looked at him with softer eyes now. I breaifly wondered how I thought Jake hurt him anyway. He might've been a jerk, but he wasn't abusive. I quickly dismissed the thought and replied, “He’s coming to get me.”

“One day won’t kill either of you,” he shrugged, “He’s been ditching you for Jen lately anyway, as I remember.”

Anger flared inside me as I realized he was right. I bit my lower lip so I wouldn’t scream in fury or jealousy before I nodded. I knew he was using that just that get me to go with him, but he was right regardless.

“Just let me call Aaron first,” I sat onto his passenger seat looking out through the open door and dialed his number. He may have been ditching me lately, but I wasn't about to do the same without calling first.

“I’m so sorry!” he exclaimed hurriedly, “I have to pick up Jen I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

“It’s fine,” I sighed, “I was calling to tell you I already had a ride today.”

There was a long pause on the other end of the phone before he finally spoke in a quizzical voice, “Who’s taking you?”

I began to debate telling Aaron the truth. I never used to lie to him, but the second Chace kissed me that seemed to change all that. Chace, I growled in my head. I didn’t really have time to decide between honesty and lying as I saw Chace- speak of the devil- walk out of the house.