chapter 24 | final

Few months later

"Did I pack the sunscreen?"

"Check," Camila replied, extending her arm that was securely coated in the sun protection.

"Towels?"

"Check," she replied tapping the duffle bag that she carried around her shoulder. Lauren furrowed her eyebrows in concentration, making Camila laugh.

"We packed everything, Jauregui," Camila threw her arms around the raven haired girl's shoulders and kissed her jaw. "If anything, we can buy what we forgot to pack."

Lauren scoffed jokingly, "Definitely not, I know my list included everything we'll be needing and I didn't forget one thing."

"I love my little hoarder," Camila pinched Lauren's cheek playfully.

"I prefer using the terminology prepared," Lauren winked and threw her arm around Camila's shoulder as they walked.

"Prepared?" Camila scrunched her nose and dug into their bag pulling something out. "What could we possibly ever need this for?"

Lauren snatched the compass out of Camila's hand and held it to her chest securely as if it were a little newborn baby.

"We could get lost, you never know."

"Right," Camila laughed softly. "Or we could just ask for directions, by literally anyone here."

She extended her hand and signaled around the beach at the people who were starting to form around the beach. Lauren let go of Camila's shoulder and stuck out her bottom lip, faux sulking.

"No pouting or else no kisses for you today," Camila warned with a tsk.

"Is that right?" Lauren dared with a mischievous smile.

She suddenly threw the ice cooler she was carrying on the ground and attacked Camila. They both landed on the soft pillowy sand and began pushing and pulling each other playfully as Lauren tried to kiss her.

Finally, Camila pretended to give up and placed her hands in Lauren's hair. She allowed her to kiss her and felt herself close her eyes as she enjoyed the softness of Lauren's lips. Soon, Camila brushed Lauren's bottom lip with her tongue, gaining access to deepen the kiss.

"Get a room, you two."

Lauren placed one last kiss on Camila's lips and stood up, wiping the golden sand from her shorts and baggy shirt. Reaching down to help Camila stand, they laughed and threw their arms around Dinah in a hug.

"Where's everyone else?" Lauren asked looking around for the rest of the girls who weren't visible.

"I came to find you specifically," Dinah's eyes glinted as she signaled to the parking lot. "I want you to meet the person who drove us."

As they walked back towards the parking lot, Lauren made sure to walk a few paces in front as the other two girls lingered in the back.

Lauren tried not to eavesdrop, but she could tell by the constant laughter that Dinah and Camila seemed to never have separated.

"Hi everyone," Lauren called out as she reached the olive green jeep that looked overflowing.

Normani flashed her a breathtaking smile and Ally waved as if she were on the titanic.

Looking at the driver's seat, she spotted the driver that Dinah had mentioned. The woman looked like she belonged right here, at the beach.

She had golden skin and wild blonde curly hair that blew along the wind. She extended her hand towards Lauren who shook it politely.