Chapter 39

I'm making fan art of Skybrine, WitherMU, and Enderlox :3, it'll be done soon, so I'll put it in chapter 39.5 ^_^

Warnings: Blood, violence, Mitch almost dies

~3rd P.O.V.~

     This fight takes place at the beginning of the challenge

     Both teams split up, going to face the other team 1 on 1. Jerome dashes straight at Skybrine, brandishing his axe high above his head, hollering a battle cry. Skybrine advances a few steps, before holding his ground, holding both hands out in front of him as hot yellow flames appear at his palms. Enderlox swoops and propels himself forward, teeth bared and eyes flashing as he speeds towards Mitch, flames held in his claws just like Skybrine's, but purple like Dragons breath. Mitch notches three arrows at once into his bow, pulling back and waiting for Enderlox to draw nearer. WitherMU and Vikk charge each other head on, the ground between them diminishing rapidly. Vikk hurls three throwing stars, but the little space bat things fluttering after WitherMU fly in the way, taking the hit. Three more bats respawn in their place. The new bats swoop and dove at the ground in Vikk's path, knocking away snow, and Vikk dances away from the holes, pulling out a dagger and cutting down the bats quickly. Once again, three new ones appear at WitherMU's side.

     As Enderlox comes within thirty blocks of Mitch, he lets the three arrows notched in his bow fly, whizzing away with a soft twang. Enderlox swerves under and around the first two, intercepting the third with a ball of purple flame, causing it to burn up before it reaches him. Enderlox's wings beat powerfully down, propelling himself gracefully forward as he soars through the air, his thick black tail lined with spikes trailing behind him. Enderlox's eyes flash, and more balls of fire appear in his claw like hands, shooting rapidly at the ground around Mitch. Mitch dances around the newly formed holes with ease, his eyes never leaving Enderlox for a second as he continues to swoop foreword, now only ten blocks away. And at last Enderlox finally reaches him, and the real battle finally begins.

Mitch quickly slings his bow across his shoulder, pulling out his diamond sword just in time to block a bash from Enderlox's tail. In a flash, Mitch lashes out and grabs a hold of Enderlox's tail, fingering digging into the scaly black skin in an iron grip. Putting all his weight behind it, Mitch drags the tail over his shoulder, throwing Enderlox off balance and brining him to the ground with a crash, limbs and wings flailing. Mitch wastes no time in leaping onto Enderlox, pinning his wings beneath him with his knees, and moving to deliver a few punches to his face, hoping to put him in a daze if no knock him out. Although Enderlox's massive wings and tail add an impressive amount to his size, with Mitch restraining their movement, Enderlox is still quite a bit smaller than Mitch.

With a crack, Mitch's fist collides neatly with the side of Enderlox's jaw, and quickly follows up with a a palm-strike to the nose. Enderlox snarls in pain and fury, blood soon dripping down his nose and lip as he turns his head, and spits out the metallic tasting blood from his mouth. A small, bloodied sharp fang passes his lips as well. The crowd voices its displeasure, seeing how easily Mitch is besting Enderlox. But then suddenly, a cry is echoing out, and drawings Mitch's attention away. Mitch whips his head around to see the source of the cry, just in time to see Jerome tumbling through the layer of snow, Skybrine falling quickly after him with a look of shock. When Mitch's turns back around to face Enderlox, he's met with the horrifying sight of two sets of long, dark purple claws lashing at his face.

Screaming in agony, Mitch tumbles back off of Enderlox as the claws rake over his face, leaving a crisscross pattern of shallow slashes across the majority of his face. They sting unbearably as the nerves become subject to open air, and Enderlox squirms his way out from underneath Mitch, while he's busy gripping at his bleeding face, pain overtaking his mind. Mitch reaches out in a feeble attempt to grab ahold of Enderlox's tail once again, but he twists around, sinking his razors sharp fangs into Mitch's forearm. Mitch cries out again, and Enderlox leaps away, taking flight once again with a single powerful beat of his wings.