The one I thought left me

I walked along the river like I usually do late at night. I like it, it's quite and I can hear the water flowing, the leaves rustling and the gentle strokes of the wind. It calms me like nothing else. It reminds me of time when I used to go to run away from home when my parents fought and then went to the place similar to this one.
I made a friend there, he was always there. He spoke less and never told me his name, maybe he never had one so I called him clover but I do know he was an orphan and he only went to whereever he was staying, to sleep or to eat, even though it looked like he never ate, he was too skinny.
I stop by the edge of the river and look at the city far away, with tiny lights glowing like fireflies. It made it look beautiful. Indeed a nice view but I loved this empty dark and cold place better. It made me comfortable. Life only gave me cold blows so now I'm used to chilly places. Warmth is not what I yearn for.

******

I went back to my apartment,turn on the lights,placed the instant noodles on the table and turned the T.V on. I don't know why I do that, there is nothing I actually like watching on it.

"Three politicians suddenly died today. The cause of their death hasn't been stated yet." The news reporter says, "There seems to be a series of case the rest aren't disclosi-" I turn it off thinking that it's good they died, they're corrupt people anyway. It's most likely their fault I'm living a cold life.
I stand up and look at the noodle I placed on the counter, "Too tired too cook." I think and head to bed. As soon as my head hits the pillow I fall asleep.

*******

I hear the window closing, being barely able to open my eyes, I see a blurry image and I think I saw someone leave through the window. I close my eyes again for a few minutes and then open them again. It was dawn, the room was still dark but there was enough light to see. I look at the blanket on me which I clearly don't remember taking last night. "Did I take it on subconsciously when i felt chilly?" I look at the window again but it was closed. "Anyways " I get up and go to the kitchen and see warm noodles waiting for me there.
"I guess the neighbour lady is back." Sitting down I take a bite and smile at how nicely they are made.

*********

I sit at my usual place in class, from the back I have a pretty good view of everything and everyone. It was suppose to be a normal day like any another until I notice a new person sitting at a corner. He was vigorously taking notes like his life depended on it. I've never seen him before, but he can't be new, it's the middle of the semester. I didn't realise but I had been staring at him for the whole lecture, I don't know but something about him was just drawing me in. Am I finally losing it? I'm attracted to a guys back. One hour passes and here I am still staring at his back. He some times shift in uncomfort but doesn't turn around. "Who takes notes this vigorously?" I smile to myself, "It's our last semester anyway."
Finally when the lecture is about to end he stands up suddenly and turns around, directly looking at me. It catches me offguard, "oh shit!" I think to myself, I stand up and start leaving, I made him uncomfortable through out the day, now it was time to flee. I leave the lecture room and look back to see if he was following me but there was no one. I slow down my pace and recall his face in my mind, "He had nice features."
I turn the corner from the corridor to the hallway and bump into someone's sturdy chest. "AH! sorr-" I look up at the person and my mouth drops open. "Shit!! But how?!?! He didn't follow me!!" I thought, my brain couldn't process the answer when he took my hand and pulls me with him. Before I knew we were infront of my locker. Apparently his locker was right next to mine.He just handed me an envelope and a piece of paper, then for a moment he stares into my eyes and it makes my heart stir. A sense of nostalgia overwhelms me but without saying anothing he leaves.
I stare at what he handed me and keep staring at it, finally I open the piece of paper and it says, "Do you remember me? I came to fulfill the promise I once made."
"What?" I put the envelope in my bag without opening it.
Going back home after my part time job and buying a packet of ramen. Too tired I fall asleep as soon as I get on the sofa.
I wake up the sound of window closing again. I look at the window and nothing seems out of the ordinary till the time I get out of my bed and realise that I fell asleep on the sofa in the lounge. When did I end up here, on my bed? When did I get my blanket out? Strange...
I go to the kitchen and there my warm ramen is waiting for me again. It warms my heart... so I actually do yearn for it.
Leaving the apartment I look at the neighbours door, it's still locked which utterly confuses me. "Who then?"

I enter the lecture hall and my eyes dart everywhere looking for him but I don't see him anywhere, a bit depressed I go and sit down at my usual place, the day passes by and when I get up to leave I was startled to see him sitting in the corner. "Is that why I never noticed him?? He really doesn't even have a presence." I think as I stare at him, Feeling my gaze he looks at me and passes a gentle smile. The feeling of nostalgia overwhemls me again and I run away straight back to my empty house.
"Why is it like that??? He gives me such odd feelings but strangely attracts me too."
I fish out the envelope he gave me, put it on the table and sit infront of it. Some part of me wanted to just tear it open while the other was scared... Scared of what??I didn't know but Unable to control myself anymore I tear it open and something falls out, hits the edge of the table and hits the floor. I reach for it but stop as I properly look at it and my Hands shake and a chill runs down my spine. I pick it and cradle it in my hands. Looking at the three leaf clover key chain tears begin dwelling in my eyes.
"It can't be!!" Tears roll down my cheeks, " No way!!" I look at the key chain again with my tear filled blurry eyes, wiping them to get a better view didn't help since the tears won't stop but even with the foggy vision I can see the third clover a bit cracked. Exactly in the shape in which I gave it to him. Memories flood back in my head, making me unable to control myself and I cry whispering, "He's alive.. he's alive..." My breathing becomes difficult as I clench the chain to my chest. "I want to see him!!!"

The thought crosses my mind and without thinking of anything else I run out, the keychain clenched to my chest, bare feet and tear stained  cheeks. I didn't even know where I was going but my legs just ran on their own.
The sun sank leaving the dusty orange hue behind. Ignoring the pain in my feet I run and soon reach the river and run along it. The sun wishes farewell with the last of its red rays slowly disappearing and darkness engulfing the sky. Far away the city lights begin to glow. Out of breath I reach the spot where I sit by the river, frantically I look around and the run again after not sighting anyone, climbing the stairs to a higher spot, I look everwhere again then climb higher and higher till I teach the top. The stars sparked in the moonless navy blue sky. With nothing to illuminate the place but the fireflies I see him standing at the edge staring at the stars. I tried calling to him but nothing came out from the dry, breathless mouth of mine. Clenching the chain tigher in my hand, I gulp for the first time since I left the apartment. Taking a deep breath twice I yell his name.
"Clover!!!"

I catch his attention and he looks my way with a shocked expression but it turns into a gentle smile

I catch his attention and he looks my way with a shocked expression but it turns into a gentle smile. "Ah~!" My eyes start watering again, "This is why I got this feeling from him." I think.
"I thought you forgot.."
Tears roll down my cheeks again as I hold the key chain up to show him and say, "never"
He walks towards me as I whisper his name again, "Clover?"
He smiles stopping right infront of me, "I have a new name now." He pulls me into a hug.
"Taehyung."

Well if you guys don't know three leaf clovers represents love.
Comment and vote if you liked it ^_^