[36]

Jackson:

"You have what?! Are you serious?" I asked my mother when she had told me that she had asked Mark to move in our house. How could she do that? Why didn't she ask me and Dad before?

"I am serious. We've talked and I thought it was the best for him." She defended her decision. "But I don't think Dad will be amused if he finds out that you've asked a guy he barely knows to live here." I answered.

My mom just smiled. "I've already asked your father and he agrees with my decision." She said proudly and I sighed. It seemed like I couldn't even count on my own father when it got serious.

"I don't know what your problem is. Mark is so lovely and you two have to spend more time with each other anyway." She explained, obviously hoping that she could convince me to accept her decision.

"I will spend more time with him if it makes you happier but this here is my privacy." I crossed my arms. Hopefully she would understand that she couldn't change my opinion about Mark moving in here.

I knew that I had to spend more time with the other boy sooner or later. He was having a baby and I wanted to try to take my place as a father but that still had time. Mark's pregnancy wasn't that far.

There was so much I had to learn and I needed the coming months to forget about my fears and make sure that I really wanted to be a father. It wouldn't help me if Mark was living here.

Seeing him everyday would make me fear this situation even more. I would see his belly growing, I would feel the due date coming closer and I would witness his pregnancy on good and bad days and I was afraid of that.

I didn't want anyone to know what I was afraid of but I knew that either Mark or my mom would find out if he lived here for longer. I wasn't ready to face my fears now. I still needed some time.

"Jackson please. It's not like he would live in your room. You still have your privacy." Was her next answer. Her ideas were quite good but I had made my decision about this and I didn't want to change it.

I had enough time to meet Mark anytime and anywhere but my home was my home and I only wanted to have my family here. And the elder wasn't my family. He wasn't even a friend.

I had stopped to look at him as my victim and we had made up in this case. I didn't bully him anymore and he had forgiven me although I had never expected he would forgive me that fast. Or at all.

"Mom. Please understand me. I need my privacy and I don't think it would be good to live in one household with him. We are not that close anyway." I sat down and ran my hands through my hair.

My mother stood in front of me and sighed. "That's actually another reason to have him here. You need to get closer. You're going to have a child together." She told me and looked at me completely serious.

"I don't care about what is going to be. I don't want to have him here. Why can't you understand that?" I said, raising my voice a bit. My mom made some steps forward and stood directly in front of me.

"It's enough Jackson. Stop being egoistic. I haven't asked Mark to live here because I want to do something bad to. I have asked him because I felt like he doesn't feel comfortable in his home." She told me.

I didn't say anything after that. She was right. Mark didn't feel good at his home. I remembered the day I had taken him to my house because his parents were angry at him because he got pregnant.

He had just wanted to get away from his home and his parents. Maybe he had told my mom about them or how disappointed they had been because of his pregnancy. I still saw his crying face in my mind.

He had been so broken and hated himself so much just because his parents had given him the feeling he had made a huge mistake and was a disappointment to them and their family.

I hadn't understood them. We had made a mistake but as his parents, they should support him. My parents always supported me in everything I did. I couldn't imagine it otherwise.

I sighed heavily and looked at my mom. Her arms were still crossed and she obviously expected me to start arguing with her again. But I didn't plan to. "He can move in here." I said quietly.

My mother looked at me completely surprised but I just smiled a bit. I knew how pressured Mark felt because of his parents and I knew that moving in here was the best for him.

 —

I'm so sorry for not updating.

The current situation is a bit messy so I didn't really get to write.

I still hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for reading ❤