❝003. ─His Brother's Keeper. ; Act I.

1995

1995.

My mind was racing as I stared up at the ceiling. The only sounds in the room were the ceiling fan and the loud sounds of muffled laughter and distorted music coming from downstairs, it was a complete 180 from the screaming and moaning I was doing not ten minutes before. Nothing could break my thoughts. Only he could do that. "Here, hit this. You thinkin' too much." He spoke as he nudged me and waved a lit blunt in my face, wafting the sweet smell into my nose, I knew that weed wasn't the only thing rolled up in that spliff. "Nah, De. I'm good." I was lying, and the sound of my voice cracking was a telltale sign of that.

He huffed before letting out a low chuckle, placing the blunt back to his pink lips and taking a long pull, letting it invade his lungs before the smoke ghosted. My eyes never left his face, I never knew anyone could make smoking chronic look like an art form, but yet here we were. "You good, but you shaking like a stripper? Right. You gotta tighten up. You know what this was when you got in it." He replied nonchalantly. My eyes shot up into my head in a full 360 motion.

"Tighten up? That's funny. Seeing as how a few minutes ago you was begging me to relax so you wouldn't nut too quick." A satisfied smirk played on my lips as I watched his jaw clench before he sat up on the edge of the bed and reached over to ash the roach of the blunt. I assessed the open scratches that decorated his back as his seductive words flooded back to my memory. "I'll take your pain, if you take mine."

"I'ma let that one slide. Cause I can imagine the stress you'd be in. Fucking your fiancée's brother while his bachelor party is going on downstairs? Shit, you a brave one." My mouth fell open slightly as he looked at me over his shoulder. Venom dripped from his lips contradicting how calm he was as his hazel eyes pierced my deep brown irises.

"You won't make me feel bad about this when you initiated it!" I was thankful for the music blaring downstairs, because at this point my voice was on level ten without any regard for who could hear me. "Come on, Nia...he'll never know." I mocked his voice before I waved my hand in his direction in a dismissive manner.

"Shut the fuck up." He gritted through his teeth. "And I told you to end shit with him three months ago. But nah, you wanna be the perfect lil' wife and get you some good dick on the side too? You selfish." His deep voice never rose an octave, but the passion behind his words couldn't be taken lightly. He felt the same way I did about him, and it was destroying us both from the inside out. "Either you gon' hurt my brother or you gon' hurt me. I'll be damned if you fuck us both over."

"What would I look like breaking up with Dalvin for you?" I watched his demeanor began to change before I realized how harsh what I said rolled off my tongue, I closed my eyes and clasped my hands in front of my face. "Not like that. I've already established myself as his girl, to your family, to your friends and shit, the whole damn world knows. And God knows you ain't ready to settle down. I can't just..." I slid my hands through my hair as a lump in my throat started to form.

"You'd look like a grown ass woman who makes decisions based on how she feels and not because she's scared of how people see her. You actin' like a pussy right now. Shit, maybe you ain't woman enough for me, so you need to stay where you at."

"Fuck you, Donald. I'm leaving." I stood up on wobbly legs, his laughed filled the air between air between us. And it wasn't just any laugh. It came from the depths of his soul. He obviously found my words genuinely funny. I was itching to snatch his voice box from his throat, but that would've been a messy scene. I'm really letting a nigga with plaits and a fade punk me right now, pathetic.

"You a trip ..." He started as he finally caught his breath from his amusement. "Where you gonna go? I snuck your ass in here because you couldn't wait to ride some dick, it wasn't the other way around. You gon' walk passed Dal like y'all don't know each other or what?" He joked he turned his entire body to face me. For once, I couldn't even formulate a response to him. He was right. I couldn't walk passed the man I'm supposed to be marrying after fucking his brother like a wild animal. I could hardly look at him most of the time. It was beginning to look like the thug life wasn't one I was equipped for. "Look, it ain't no secret that I'm feelin' you more than I should be. And I know you feel the same way. But if you can't woman up and take responsibility for what happened here, I can't do shit for you."

I stood in the middle of the floor, as naked as the day I was born. Mentally, physically and emotionally. Again, words seem to escape me and I was standing there staring at him like a deer caught in bright headlights.

"Oh, now you speechless?" He asked before grabbing my arm, pulling me over to him and suddenly I was right back where I didn't need to be, straddling his lap and looking into those intense eyes. His touch sent chills down my spine as he let his hands rest in the dip of my back. "Nia, calm down. Cause you being all riled up is only gonna make shit worse for the both of us. I'ma go down there and party wit' my niggas some more. You go to sleep, and I'll come back and wake that ass up for round three." His hands slowly migrated to my ass as he gripped it tightly.

I bit down on the lower half of my plump duo to suppress a moan, it was complete and utter bullshit how I let him take control over my entire mind, body, and soul. My obsession with my fiancée's brother was an unhealthy one, but nothing had ever felt so right. If I was making a lifelong commitment before God to Dalvin, I could at least explore what life would be like with DeVante for one more night.

 Why she frontin' on Mr. Dalvin?

I don't know who's more trash, Nia or DeVante. 🤔