C H A P T E R 1

Life is always different for everyone, not one person in this world goes through the same pain, or happiness as you do. If you really think about it. It makes sense, imagine, you and your friend going through the same roller coaster, or you and everyone in the world having the same faith... I mean you would definitely have a stronger support... but there will be no challenges in life, it won't be unique. Especially when you live in a world where everyone is almost against you. Well half of the world, but who knows there are hypocrites out there too.

My daily routine had always been set to wake up, pray, and go out for a run. Probably an unusual thing for a Muslim girl to do right, especially if she is a hijabi girl. Although I've learnt to steer clear from all those obstacles and just go my way, do my own thing. Although, someone who supports me for myself is out there somewhere, and I am very much aware of it. My round was almost done, my eyes didn't leave my patient, she was in pain and yet she refused any help. "Are you sure, ma'am?" One of the nurses, which no one tends to keep track of the names said to the patient screaming absurdly.

"NO! Get me a fricken white doctor" the old lady yelled at the nurse. You may think I probably flinched at the response, but you know what, I was so used to it to the point that all my ears could register was, blah, blah, blah... the nurse felt guilt running through her spine, her eyes managed to face mines, looking apologetically. I am used to it now especially, since it's probably has happened to me a million of time, well more-so living as Muslim in London, it has happened to many of the Muslims almost all of the time. Going into med school my friends and I had already signed up for this, especially knowing we were going to working at this such hospital "I'm sorry doctor I really -

"It's no need" I smiled at her, reassuring her that it really wasn't her fault. The world is like this apparently. This means I had to go to my attending and tell him I was not able to do my duty. I stormed out of the room, annoyed by the patience constant pain. The pain that shot out of the woman's mouth, aggravated me, she wanted help, my hands had the skills given by god to help, but no that woman was too stubborn.

"Dr. Jacob" I called out. Hoping that he is not annoyed by my presence once again, which thankfully he wasn't. He looked at me in an understanding mood, I didn't have to say anything, with a soft smile he left of towards the patient.

Sighing I looked around the busy hallway, doctors ran back and forth, especially because I was training to be a surgeon. A surgeon needs to be on time, and very smart. "Aiyla!" A voiced zoomed out across the hall. To that my head whipped back to spot Zayna, my best friend running towards me. A smile finally lifted up upon my lips, it felt like a dead day but thankfully I was happy. Why? Well because Zayna running with the happiest smile on her face meant that she had good news for the girls, news that we've been wanting for ages! For the past few days the girls and I had been tryna find a good ranked hospital to work at, firstly it's good for us anyways, any doctor would want to work at a good ranked hospital, and secondly this hospital is probably the most racist hospital out there in London. A laugh escaped my lips as I watched Zayna's soft pink lips turn into a huge smile.

"Assalamualaikum" She said giving me a hug.

"Walaikuamassalam, how are you?" I raised an eyebrow, watching her panting. "Let me just finish the sentence for you, I found a hospitaaalll" My voice cheered out at the end, not realizing that almost half of the hospital could've heard.

This caused my cheeks to flush a little pinkish realizing how loud I was once Zayna started to shush her down. Zayna nodded and dragged my hand away from the crowd. We hadn't told anyone, not even their own attending or other interns, although it is advised for interns to inform any information such as that, to their attending. The reason not even one sentence could be said in public is because this hospital was a place where if you say something it will spread everywhere like the chicken pox disease, or mosquitos, you get the abbreviation.