Chapter Forty Three: Why Are You So Stupid?

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
Bang.

Everything stopped. Just like that, there was no sound was in the room. I had no verbal reaction, nor did Carson. It was like time had stopped, or like everything was slow motion. One moment he was alive, the next he's on the floor clinging for dear life. Harrison looked at the body with shock, but he soon put on a blank face, giving off only one emotion.

Regret.

Although that emotion was evident on Harrison's face, it did not keep my anger and hurt hidden. Those emotions got the best of me and all my pent up anger and frustration over the past few months surfaced, "You monster." I hissed as I ran up to where Harrison stood.

Quickly snatching the gun away from his hand and throwing it out of sight, in a blind rage I kneed him in the crotch, causing him to fall down and grunt. I got on top of him, which caused him to struggle beneath me. Bringing my fist up, I swung it to Harrison's jaw, immediately knocking him out cold, but instead of stopping there, I continued.

I knew it was wrong. I knew that I should've stopped after the first punch, but I couldn't. All the anger I had pent up in me was being taken out on him as I punched him. Each hit was getting weaker and weaker as I went on, stopping until I could no longer feeling my knuckles.

I hope you rot in hell Harrison.

"Bailey." I heard a soft voice say. Shaking my head, unable to get in the correct mindset, I heard the same voice. My breathing was jagged and unshed tears blurred my vision, "Bailey. Please, calm down." Looking up, I see Carson with a blank look on his face, trying to keep a tough front.

"He's still breathing, but barely alive." Carson reassured, quietly causing me to look at the body who laid in Carson's lap, "But I really don't think he's going to make it by the time the ambulance comes." His words get drowned out by my thoughts over powering his words.

I need Bennett.

"Call Bennett." I demanded as I moved closer to Max's cold body, "Get him please."

I took off my sweater, laying the maroon cloth underneath Max's head, it replacing Carson's lap, "Don't bother, Cars." He insisted, his voice coming out weak and barely audible, "I don't think I'll be needing an ambulance to where I'm going." He joked, chuckling softly.

Hanging up his phone, Carson spoke, ignoring the comment that had just been made, "Bennett's already on his way up."

Looking back at Max's body, I shook my head at him, "Why are you so stupid?" I asked, taking off my scarf and placing it on the wound Harrison had inflicted on him. He sat up a little, trying to get into a more comfortable position only to fall back down and wince at his actions.

"Hurry the fuck up, Bennett." I whispered to myself as Max's eyes began to droop.

Although Max was being pulled in and out of consciousness, he still spoke. Only his voice can comfort me at the moment, "I did swear that you'd accept me by the end of all of this;" Max said, coughing hard, causing blood to spill out of his mouth, "Do you?"

I rolled my eyes, giving him a small, sad smile, "If you promise to stay awake, I'll answer you." I bargained, trying to keep the bleeding to a minimum with my scarf which is now soaked through with Max's blood.

He lazily chuckling at what I had just said, "Bailey, we both know that's not going to happen." He says, trying to reason with me as his eyes begin to droop.