Exhaustion

I open my eyes for the first time in what feels like forever and I see a burr of a group of people standing in the room. Everything was slowly clearing up but my eyes sting a little so I blink a bit seeing the group clearly now. The first two I see is a strong looking water bender teenage girl next to a bald older looking man who is dressed as an air bender. 

Both of their expressions had the look of excitement and shock. The older air bender must be one of Aang's offspring no doubt. The water girl must be the avatar, she seems to be a strong capable avatar. I bet she's done great already as one. 

I hear someone giggle a little and I look to my right to see two little girls next to a little boy dressed in air bending clothing all of them in front of a woman with black hair, glasses and dressed in a nurse outfit. The little ones smile but the women had tears in her eyes. Why is she crying? she looks strangely familiar to Mina. Is she their mother? She seems like she would be.

 Then she would have to be with the older air bender to have these little ones, good for her helping the air bender population to grow. And last but not least to my left there is two teenage boys. One has black hair, is tall, has cool eyebrows and has a red scarf around his neck while the other has black hair defined green eyes and is more buff than the other.

Wow, I have a large audience this time, they all must mean something to the girl. I'm glad she has them they can be a strong influence when you train or fight. 

"Dad?" I hear a women's voice say. My head snaps in the direction of the nurse with the children. The women looks like she's about to cry and has a hand covering her mouth. Dad? Did she just call me dad or is she talking to the older man? No one answers her so could she be talking to me?

"Nakusu, I am Tenzin, Aangs son and this is Korra the new avatar. Welcome to Republic city." The older man Tenzin says patting the water tribe girl Korra's shoulder. I smile slightly at them to comfort them something I never do with out a good reason. They must of have worked hard to find me, I don't want to upset them with my own feelings.

"G-go o-od to m-eet you a-ava-atar, T-tenzin," I say my sentience broken and staggered. I cough a little hard covering my mouth with my right hand. I need to get out of this stuffy room and get some water. "C-could we g-get out of t-the room?" I ask tiredly. I feel like a sack of unwanted cabbages. I try to step out holding the sides of the coffin to help keep me up. I take not even one step and I almost fall to the ground. 

"Boys! Help Nakusu to a spare room." Tenzin says helping me stand. Ugh, I feel so week I hate this feeling, but it's natural i'll get my strength back in a day or two. I just need some real rest for a while. I feel arms wrap around my shoulders then an arm wrap around my waist. I slowly and groggily look up to my right and see the red scarf teen looking down at me worriedly. 

"T-thank-k y-you," I say closing my eyes little by little. I hear a girls voice ask what's wrong with me before another women's voice say I just need rest. 

Then a boy's voice says, "He's spent the last how long sleeping! how could he need any more?" Good one, I laugh in my head. I finely close my eyes not able to hold them open anymore and let my self fall into a dreamless abyss. 

* * * * ( Three Hours Later ) * * * *

I slowly open my eyes squinting because of the light pouring in my eyes view. Once my eyes clear I see a man and a women hugging and the avatar sitting beside me her arms crossed on the edge her head resting on them her eyes closed. I still don't feel good and like i'm going to pass out again. I guess I'm not ready yet. I look down a little to my right and see Korra's peaceful state. 

She's a strong beautiful girl, she has brown hair pulled up into a pony tail and has to strands that frame her face, her eyes as I could see earlier are a pretty blue colour. I bring my hand up and place it on the side of her face moving one of her hair strands out of the way of her face. She must be a great avatar, I think before falling asleep again. 

* * * * ( Two Hours Later ) * * * * 

I feel something wet glide over my forehead and I shiver. My hand fly's up and I catch someones wrist. "Whoa, no need to get defensive over a women cooling you." a women's voice says with a little giggle at the end. I look to my side and see Korra gone and a women with brown hair tied back in a bun took her place. "You must be Nakusu, I'm Pema. Tenzin's wife," she says looking at my arm and hers. I let go of her wrist and hesitatingly put my hand on my stomach.  

"W-wa t-ter?" I ask looking at her. She smiles grabbing a glass of water and bringing it to my mouth. I nod to her and lift my head up to drink. my hands then shot up and I take the the cup in my hands and I chug it. Water feels so good and cold as I finish it. I pant heavily calming down then give Pema the cup. "Thank you." I say laying my head back closing my eyes for a second and sitting up.

"Just take it easy for a minute, stay here and i'll grab Tenzin and Korra for you." Pema says standing with the cup I drank out of, a cloth and a bowl of water. she walk out of a door that sat across the bed I am lying in. So Pema is Tenzins wife? Then who was the lone women?And who are those boys? And why am I so interested? Tenzin and Korra will have some things to tell me.

(Top picture is the bed Nakusu is in.)