Chapter 1-A New Journey

The loss of well,everything had started to make me think about why I even came here and if I would be accepted back home.I was a guardian!well,part of one at least.Could this all have been avoided if I didn't come here?

This is what I had been thinking about over the last couple days.We had left the safely of Vale to head for Haven.Why?well,we all had our reasons.

We followed paths through the woods for most of the journey.I was quiet through the trip so far.A few fights had happened between us and the Grimm as well.

We had found a type of Grimm I had never seen before.It could posses inanimate object.We were getting into position to fight it when Nora decided to think of a team name.

Nora:I'm just saying,theres five of us so I think well have to combine letters to mean more then one person.Right now i'm thinking JNRR.Y/N can share with someone.What do you think?

Ren sighed.

I noticed this and turned to her.

Y/N:Don't include me in the team name.I chose my team name for a.....specific reason.

Nora:Alright......Wait,what was your team name again?TRAL?TIRL?

Y/N:No,it was-

Jaune shushed us.

Jaune: Guys,we need to focus.

The ground started to shake beneath us.The Grimm was on the move.

The Grimm came crashing down to the forest from the cliff behind us.It was massive.It was a giant rock golem with a small Grimm mask attached to its head.The rock Golems body was made of floating rocks all connecting together.It saw us and roared

Jaune: Lets get that thing off Ruby!

He charged at the Golem. Ren jumped into the trees.Nora jumped into the trees as well.I stood my ground and pulled out a sniper.I fired rounds into the golems leg making it loose its balance and fall.

Nora pulled out her grenade launcher and fired at the golem,making it roar in pain.Ren jumped at the Golem slicing its arm off.

The Golem looked at its severed rocks and roared.It grabbed a tree next to it and attached it to its arm.Making it get a replacement hand.

I heard ruby yell.

Ruby:Big mistake!

She fired some new bullet at its arm.This looked like it had a effect but........it only made things worse.

The tree arm was on fire now.

Y/N:You have got to be kidding me!

The Golem turned to me.I moved its giant tree hand and hit me.I flew across the battlefield and landed on the side of a rock.I was now separated me from everyone else.

Noras grenade launcher hit the golem in the chest,making it fall backwards.It crashed to the ground with a thud.

As everyone regrouped next to the golem,I got myself back up and took aim at it again.I fired every bullet I had into its tree arm,making huge pieces fall off.

Just as I felt like I was making a difference, the golem started to stand.It didn't care about its hurt tree arm.

Everyone else started to bolt into action.They had a plan.A plan I didn't get to hear.I ran back into the trees and decided to give them covering fire.

Next was amazing. I saw a rocket of red and pink go flying at the Golem. Ruby and Nora did a combo and shattered the Golem into bits.Only its head rock remained.A giant Ghouly creature appeared.It flew out of the rock and into the forest.

All Ruby did was smile and aimed her gun.In one shot she killed it.

I put my gun on my back and walked towards them.

Bounty completed.

Once the monster was killed,we headed back to the town that asked us to kill it.The town was small and quite peaceful.People always smiled as we walked by to get our reward.

Team RNJR talked to the man.I waited behind them.The people hear needed to see they took down the beast on there own.The more people,the more the people would seemed worried.

I realized now was the perfect time to start putting some more work into a new project of mine.I pulled out the old rusted metal shell and started to poke my screwdriver around inside.I wanted to see what needed to be fixed.

After they had gotten the reward We went to the Blacksmith. Jaune had ordered some new armor made out of.....a very good metal.

We waited outside the shop.when Jaune walked out,I could see her armor.The patterns were there.The sword and shield looked amazing.It looked a lot more impressive then when we first met.

the blacksmith walked out right next to him.

Blacksmith:It cleans up alright!Don't you think?

Ren: It certainly does.

Nora:I still think a gernade launcher really brought the look together.

I looked at the armor he was wearing again and I cracked a smile under my helmet.It reminded me of what titans wore.

Y/N:That looks like something my fellow Guardians would wear back home.

Jaune was confused a little.

Jaune: Uh......is that a compliment?

I laughed.

Y/N:Sure.

The blacksmith asked us a question.

Blacksmith:Sure you kids won't stick around?You've been real good to this town.

Ruby:Sorry but we have a mission to take care of.

Nora:Make it to Haven academy!No matter what.

Ren: We heard the next village over has a working airship.

Blacksmith: Hmmm.....No way to know for sure,scroll signals were bad enough when beacon tower was still up. Haven't heard from that village in a while.

Ruby:Well,there only one way to find out.

We walked towards the exit and left the village behind.As we walked along the path,Jaune went through a checklist.

Jaune: Food?

Nora:Check.

Jaune: Water?

Nora:Check.

Jaune: Ammo?

Nora:Locked and loaded!Thank you schnee dust company!

Jaune: got the map?

Nora: Ren has it.

Ren: No,you had it.

Jaune: Guys,please tell me your joking.

Nora: Hahahahaha.......

Jaune: guys?GUYS?

As they went over the list of items,I thought about what my plan was.First thing was get them to haven.Then......I needed to find the Vex. Vex spires were forming all over the area and I needed to find a way to fix my light.They were the only link I had found.The hardest part of my plan was I had to tell them.

Lets wait to tell them that.