Chapter 40

Warnings: Blood, gory descriptions

~Lachlan's P.O.V.~

      "Oh. My. Notch."

      Preston, Rob, and I sit frozen to our seats, no really sure what to make of the situation. When Jerome had managed to tie with Skybrine, that was pretty cool. When Vikk nearly died, we all almost lost it, and jumped down there to kill WitherMU. But then, of all people, Enderlox saved him... Claiming that they weren't aloud th kill each other. Only to, like maybe two minutes later, proceed to nearly strangle Mitch to the point of death. I don't think I'll ever get the image of Enderlox, pinning Mitch down, huge black claws wrapped tightly around his neck while he gasps for air, the life draining from his eyes. Even from our spot, way up in the grandstands, I can see the ugly purple bruises ribbing Mitch's neck, as he shakily stands to his feet. He stands, for only a moment, looking in our direction, before collapsing limp to the snow. From somewhere along the bottom edge of the glass dome, I see Jerome smashing through the thin layer of glass, and quickly stumbling over the snowy ground towards Mitch. Vikk limps behind him, much slower, and medics from the Mutant kingdom rush in behind him. The whole crowd is silent.

    "Come on!"

     I'm suddenly snapped out of my daze, seeing Rob beckoning me towards the stadium, Preston already vaulting down the stairs. I shake my head roughly, jumping around Rob, and hearing his footsteps quickly follow me. Ahead, Preston has rammed through the glass, much like Jerome, and dropped to the stadium below. He's wearing diamond boots to protect his feet from the soft, snowy ground. Five seconds later, I duck through the gap. not caring when a few shards of glass graze my face and hands. I land on the snow with a soft crunch, and I can hear the impact of Rob a second after me. Jerome and Vikk are kneeling beside Mitch, Jerome growling for the medics to stay away from them. The medics, one that looks exactly like a cow with a black suit and glasses, and the other looking like a reindeer, glance at Mitch. Then they see Jerome protectively placing himself between the medics, Vikk, and Mitch, and wisely back away. Preston has reached them now, Vikk weakly shouting something along the lines of whatever you do don't fall. In a second I'm there to witness the gruesome sight before me.

     Jerome has gashes all along the back of his legs, some of them bleeding from being reopened when he dropped into the stadium. But his injuries are nothing compared to Mitch's and Vikk's. Vikk's face and upper torso is littered in burns, burns, and cuts, a particularly large gash running from the bottom of his eyelid, down at a slant to just below his lip. That gash is still open, and the skin around it is still irritated and swollen. And Mitch! Mitch, who is by far the most skilled fighter among us, has suffered the most damage. Jagged crisscross slashes run along the entire front of his face, no longer bleeding but still far from scabbing. Deep puncture wounds stand prominent on his forearm, and a large portion of his chest is badly burnt, the skin red and inflames and the clothing around it charred. And finally, long, dark, ugly bruises ring his neck, displaying multiple shades of purple, blue, and even black.

     All this passes through my mind in a matter of seconds, and then Rob approaches, a bottle filled with light pink liquid clutched in his hand.

     "MOVE!"

     Immediately everyone backs away from Mitch, lying still on the ground and breathing in shallow ragged breaths. Even Jerome, who had been keeping the medics at bay, now steps unwillingly away. Rob shoulders past me in a blur, dropping to his knees beside Mitch. With one hand, Rob pops off the cap on the regeneration potion. With the other, he gently lifts Mitch's head, tipping the contents of the bottle into his mouth. As soon as the last drop slides past his lips, small pink particles start to rise from Mitch, and a faint glow surrounds him as the potion takes effect. Mitch twitches, and a round of harsh coughing starts from him, although he still doesn't wake. The medics then leap in, white bandages and wet cloths gripped in their hands. Jerome takes a step towards them, but Preston lays a hand on his forearm, and Jerome doesn't bother to continue.

     Jerome, Rob, Vikk, Lachlan, and I watch in silence as the medics work steadily, cleaning his wounds, and then wrapping them tightly. Some colour returns to Mitch's face as the potion dies away, but he still seems to be in severe pain, eyes shut tightly and body tense. But, despite his injuries, it seems he'll pull through. Thank goodness Rob has that potion on him... And speaking of which...

     "Rob..." I start quietly, Rob raising his head to look at me.
     "What's up?"
     "Where did you even get a regeneration potion? Like, only the Spell kingdom uses potions like that regularly, and you probably used the last of your potions weeks ago. Maybe months."
     Rob's eyes light up. "Oh! Yeah, back when we were restocking on supplies in the Royal kingdom, I stumbled across and enderchest. I always keep it full of healing potions and other random ones, so I snagged a few before we left. If robot to mention it earlier, sorry about that."
    This sparks my curiosity. "An ender chest? But I thought my kingdom used those."
     Rob shrugs. "Well my kingdom is known for potions, yet other kingdoms still use them from time to time. So I guess it could be the same for enderchests."
      "What potions did you grab?" Vikk asks, he and Preston now moving to join the conversation.
     Rob turns to him, scratching lightly at his beard. "Five healing potions, two regeneration, three strength, one jump boost, and an invisibility potion. I'd bring more, but I want to leave a bit of room in my inventory."
     "Any splash potions?" Preston questions, tilting his head.
     Rob shakes his head. "Just regular."
      "Either way, they'll come in handy I'm sure. It seems like everyday something bad happens." I point out.

     Everyone mumbles their agreements.

     "Guys, we've got company." Jerome announces, nodding his head to the side,

     I turn and see Sky, Ty, and Jason, walking sulkily towards us. They all have bandages concealing their injuries, and I assume Ty, while in the form of Enderlox, has his broken wing bandaged and in a sling. I grimace at the memory of the sickening snap of Enderlox's wings breaking, and then Mitch soon after being nearly chocked to death.

     "What to you want." Vikk seethes, not a hint of joy in his tone.
     Sky brushes off the harsh question, turning to Jerome. "You won. The Mutant kingdom now belongs to do. Do with us what you want." He sighs, all of the trios gazes trained at the ground.

     Jerome blinks at them, face emotionless as he think over his choices. As where myself, and the others, can only guess his thoughts. Is he going to kick them out? Humiliate them? Punish them?....will he order them to be killed? Wi-

     "You can stay here."

     Vikk, Rob, and I all stare at him in shock, Preston uttering a loud 'what?!'. Even Sky, Ty, and Jason are shocked.

     "On one condition. Ty, Jason, I want you to apologize-publicly-as soon as Mitch is awake and better. Deal?"
     Ty glares at Mitch, "But that-"
     "Deal?" Jerome cuts in, eyeing Ty with a cautioning glance.
      "Deal." Sky accepts, smiling. "Thanks Jerome."
      "And-" Preston cuts in. "I want a foot massage, these boots are killing me."
       Jason stares at him. "I don't-"
      "Great! We have a volunteer. Now come, my feet await."

~~~
Question of the chapter:

Where does everyone want to travel to someday?

My answer: Italy or Australia