Chapter Fifteen

Becky wasn't at the café on Tuesday or at Linc's Wednesday training. Rob really wanted to talk to her about Linc's physio. He had asked Linc what exercises he was doing but his answer had been vague.

Rob headed to the café on Thursday with the team to see Becky sitting with a guy named Hunter Jones. Rob knew he was part of the group who sat with Drew at lunch. He searched the booths and saw Lizzy sitting with Drew. She was giggling at something he was saying. Rob saw her blush. Did it bother him? He wasn't sure. He slipped in beside Greg and Shauna.

"Looks like you might be losing ground." Greg jerked his head towards Lizzy and Drew.

Rob shrugged. He wasn't in the mood so he got up and ordered.

When he sat back down Greg gave him a puzzled look. "Are you pissed off?"

"Nah. Sorry. Just got other shit going on." He smiled and glanced at Drew and Lizzy. As he looked back at Grey he said, "I'm good with it."

Rob blew out a breath and looked over at Becky's booth. Hunter had his arm around her whispering in her ear. She was smiling at what he was saying. Hunter kissed her. Rob hung his head and ran his hands through his hair. The thought that she was going to let herself be used, angered him. He really needed to talk to her about Linc.

Trin slid in beside him. "Hey, Rob. What's up? You don't look happy." She grinned and flicked her eyes quickly to the next table. "Has Lizzy dumped you?"

Rob chuckled. "She had nothing to dump, Trin." He watched her eyes sparkle as she gripped his bicep.

"Remember I'm still in line."

He roared with laughter. "Trin. There is no line."

She reached up and whispered in his ear, "Yes there is and I'm at the front."

As she spoke, Rob caught Becky looking over at them. Hunter had moved away so Rob saw his chance to speak to her. He gave Trin a shove. "Let me out."

"Am I helping you jerk off now?"

Rob laughed again. "No. Move your arse."

She pouted and slid out of the booth. "Am I ever going to help you...?"

"No, Trin." Rob smirked, stood up, and headed to Becky's booth. He put his hands on the table and leaned toward her. "I need to talk to you."

"I'm busy so piss off." Becky looked over at Trin who was watching wide-eyed. She didn't need Jarvis putting a rift between her and her best friend.

"You can..." Rob bit his lip before he let something degrading slip. He glanced at where Hunter was standing, and then back at Becky. "It won't take long then you can get back to being busy but I need to talk to you about Linc." What could he do? If she was really that type of girl there wasn't much he could do about it.

"What about Linc?"

"Can we talk outside?" She was so stubborn. Rob focused on her eyes to see if he could read her today. Yep. She was curious so he smiled and pleaded, "Please, Becky."

"So it's Becky today. Are you sure you've got the right girl?" She folded her arms. "Maybe it's Black Cat or Bitch you want to talk to."

Rob smirked, cocked his head, and shrugged. She was hard work. Without thinking he said, "Hey. It's all the same to me."

Yeah. Wrong answer. He kicked himself as soon as the words came out.

"You know what? Fuck. Off." Becky slid out of her seat and headed to the toilets.

Rob followed her and called, "Can you just stop?"

She didn't. Becky darted into the women's toilets.

"Fuck..." Rob swung his arms up and clasped his hands behind his head as he sucked in a breath of air. Calm down. Just calm down and wait until she comes out.

When she did, he was leaning against the wall with his arms folded. She put her hands on her hips. "So you want to fuck me that much your hanging around like I'm a bitch on heat."

"Becky. Can you please stop?" He ran his hand over his head. "I'm sorry. Okay. I want this shit to stop."

"Well I know it's what you think of me so why pretend it's not." She folded her arms across her chest and studied his face. His eyes weren't sparkling but had a sad look about them. Becky let her hands drop and leant on the opposite wall "You don't even know why you're saying sorry to me or why I hate you."

"Yeah." He sighed. "I think I do." Rob pushed off the wall. "I..."

"Hey, babe. What's going on?" Trin stepped into the corridor with Hunter. "Come on. We're ready to go."

Hunter jerked his head at Rob, wrapped his arm around Becky's shoulders, and moved off with her as he said, "Take a number, Jarvis."

"Are you serious?" Rob stepped forward. "I'm trying to have a conversation here."

"Like I said. Take a number."

"Are you for fucking real?" Rob held his palms out in astonishment.

"Yeah. I am." Hunter thought Rob was talking to him but his comment was for Becky. She didn't look at him but let Hunter lead her away.

Rob watched her leave the café and get into Hunter's car with Trin and one of the other guys from their group. He headed back to the tables and threw himself in beside Greg.

"This is your burger." Greg pushed it towards him and said, "What's up?"

"Don't worry about it." Rob shook his head. "It's not important." He pushed the burger back towards Greg. "I don't want it. You can have it if you like."

"Thanks." Greg tore open the wrapper and took a bite. He jerked his head at Rob. "Come on. What's up? You look so pissed. Is it to do with Black Cat?"

"Is she really a slut? I mean honestly." He pointed at the door. "Is Hunter...well...fuck is she really that easy?"

Greg smirked. "So they tell me." He took another bite, chewed and swallowed. "Are you thinking of doing her?"

"What..? No..."Rob frowned and shook his head.

"Then why so pissed off?"

"Ah...fuck. I don't know. I'm trying to talk to her about school stuff and he comes along and tells me to take a number. Seriously. What the fuck? And in front of her. She didn't give a shit. Just went off with him. I can't believe she has such little respect for herself."

Greg shrugged. "Some girls are like that. I don't know why she is. Since the accident she's gotten worse. That's all I know."

"So have any of you guys done her?"

"Only Drew that I know of." Greg took another bite. "But they did have a thing."

Rob exhaled. "This accident. What happened?"

Shauna leaned forward and whispered, "Car. Her mother was driving. She hit a tree. Linc had to be cut out."

"And Becky?"

"She wasn't in it. Just her mum and Linc." Shauna sighed. "It must be hard not having your mum around. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my mum."

"Hey." Scott jumped into the seat opposite. "Look at them glum faces." He beamed as he said, "Party at mine on Saturday. Parents are going away and I've got the place to myself. Yay..!" He fist punched the air and added, "Bring your own drinks. I'll get some chips." Scott drummed the table and double pistol pointed at them. "Be there or be square." Then he shot off to the next table.

Rob couldn't help but laugh.

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

Thank you all. Please remember to vote, comment and follow.

Please, please..... follow me. Please........ I need friends ☺♥♥♥

I really appreciate it