Chapter 29

Daniel's POV

This is not happening. No amount words can describe how pissed off I am. After the little scene that happened earlier today, I wanted to go home but part of me knew that it wouldn't be best I'd do that considering the state I'm in. When the security guard let me go, I broke it off with Katie and stormed out before she could mutter anything.

As stupid as it sounds, I came to the park to try to clear my head and get it straight. But it's not as easy as it sounds. My mind is doing everything but that. This whole time, I thought I was on the right side of things. I thought I've known Katie long enough that she wasn't that kind of person. I don't even know what side of me thought Elise was that kind of person either.

Seeing her today has had to be the most hurt I've felt in years. For that split second I looked in her eyes, all I saw was pain and hurt. Two of which I've only seen in her once. It was the same, if not more, hurt and sadness I saw when she told me everything that happened to her in elementary school.

With my two hands, I bring them up to my face and rubbed it frustratingly.

Elise has been telling the truth the whole time. And I did everything but be a good friend to her. I feel like such a jerk. More than that actually. Not only have I hurt my best friend, I hurt the girl I...I have feelings for. Now that I think about it, ever since I met her, it's always been her.

"E-excuse me?"

I look up to see a little girl standing in front of me fidgeting with her fingers.

"Hm?" Was all I could muster up.

"My ball rolled under your bench" she says pointing under the bench I'm sitting on.

I reach under the bench and grabbed the yellow bouncy ball. "Here you go" I say to her. She smiles and thanks me but doesn't leave. Her smile turns into frown and she cocks her head to the side.

"Why are you sad?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowing.

Her question catches me off guard. The whole time I've been sitting here, I thought it was anger I was feeling. But it's now that I realize, how easy it is to get the two mixed up. I am sad. I lost the most important person I could ever have in my life. And it's all my fault.

"I've been a jer-" I start but realize my choice of words in front of this little girl. "I-I've been mean, really mean, to my best friend" I say. Someone I've also had feelings for a long time. And it's then I also realized that I'm telling my problems to a five year old girl. This has got to be an all time low for me.

"Apologize" the girl says. "If you guys are best friends, your friend will forgive you. Best friends are forever!" She adds beaming with happiness. Afterwards, her parents call her over and she runs away with her yellow ball giggling happily.

I chuckle at the girl's choice of words. If only it was that easy. In a way, she reminds me of Maya who's probably waiting for me to get home. I get up off the bench and towards my car. After getting in and turning the ignition on, I set off for home, thinking about what the girl said to me.

Best friends are forever.

*******

When I arrive home, I'm greeted with an energy ball I call my sister.

"Dany!" Maya yells.

"Maya!" I yell back, scooping her up into my arms and giving her a hug.

"What took you so long? I thought we were supposed to watch a movie today?" She asks me.

"I just had to take care of a few things..." I say. "I just have to talk to mom and dad for a sec and then I'll put the movie in, I promise. " I say to her. Saying that last sentence made me tense. I've promised so much to Elise. All of the which I broke. "Do you know where mom and dad are?" I ask her, clearing my throat.

"Ok and yeah, they're in the office room" she answers.

I thank her and set her back down. She runs up stairs leaving me in the living room alone. I have to tell my parents what's been going on. I don't know what to do. All I know for sure is that I want to get Elise back. I just don't know how I'm supposed to do that though. With everything I've done to her, forgiving me is probably the last thing she'll do.

*******

If I knew how my parents would act if they found out what I did to Elise, I wouldn't have said anything. I could tell my mom was pissed beyond words but she just sat in silence while shaking her head. My dad on the other hand was handing me what I deserve on platter. Plus more.

"You know what!" My mom yells over my dad. "We'll discuss your punishment in private. But, it's up to you my dear to figure out what you're going to do"

"But I came to you guys for help!" I say, my blood starting to boil.

"It's not our problem to fix, Daniel" my dad says angrily.

I shake my head and storm out of their work room. Asking them was a waste of precious time I could have been spending on ways I could apologize to Elise. Or at least try to get her talking to me again.

I open my bedroom door and slam it shut with so much force that the door rattles on its hinges. I lean against the door with hands rubbing my face.

"What have I done?" I whisper.

A/N: Hey!

A/N: Hey!

This is my first time writing in a boy's POV so I hope you liked it. I don't really know what else to say here so,

Until the next chapter,

- Gia